Telemarketers & cellphones, how to stop them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telemarketers & cellphones, how to stop them

In a few weeks, cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls. Call this number from your cell phone 888-382-1222. It is the national Do Not Call list. It blocks your number for 5 years. Please pass on. Sorry if someone posted this already I didnt see it.

Re: Telemarketers & cellphones, how to stop them

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

there is no such thing as a national do not call list. the list is kept up and ran by each state. calling that # will do nothing for you. i will try to find the link with that article

Comment

i found the link but axetogrind beat me to it. funny how rumors get started scott

Comment

It is a cruel world. Just hang up!

Comment

I included a fax number on printed materials. I started receiving advertising. I sent invoices! "Thank you for informing us of your products... Enclosed is our bill in the amount of $100. the amount we charge for unsolicited faxsimile advertising". It was done very professionally and legal looking.
            The crap stopped. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!

You call and register with a "no call list" and you just validate your demographic, your number and the type of advertising being targeted for you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

I have a plan if my cell starts to ring with solicitations.

Comment

Click *HERE* for a link to the national do not call list. I know it's the real deal because I work for a brokerage company and we are required to not call those on it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Umm, how about you check the Caller ID and don't answer if a weird number shows up? [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Umm, how about you check the Caller ID and don't answer if a weird number shows up? [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Just set your known contacts to have a particlar ring tone, & check the ID if you get the default ring. I will get pissed if they start to fill up my voicemail box, though. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

They always call from private or blocked numbers. The number I posted is ran by the Federal government and the company that calls you after 90 days after you register will be fined.

Comment

Working...
                    X