Yeah, I have somthing vintage too now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I have somthing vintage too now

After two weeks of working on it, today I drove my first few kilometres on my vintage moped: a Zundapp GTS50. And man, that feels awesome. Although it's only a 50CC engine (which in Holland is the maximum for people betweeen 16-18 years) it does 70 km/h, and it drives great. Im a very, very happy guy right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Pics will follow somewhere this week.

Re: Yeah, I have somthing vintage too now

Congratulations! Nice to bring something old back to life, and then actually have good use for it.

Enjoy! And well of course, be careful! Ya know, maybe a helmet etc...

Comment

50cc's? I bet you get AMAZING gas mileage. Probably not the vehicle to tow your boat to the lake though.

Comment

Do you have to mix the oil and the gas?

Comment

Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I second the helmet idea too; 50cc may not seem like much but 70kph is plenty of speed to want protection for your head. Is that about 50mph? Fast enough to get around town, anyway, and easy to find parking! ood for you; have fun! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

about the helmet:
            dunno for netherlands but we have a helmet-duty over here in germany
            as for the vintage:
            i love to drive my old ´64 Trabant(car out of former eastern germany) from time to time
            it´s a lot of fun to be the master over 600cc producing 23 PS [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            it runs about 110-120 kph though
            and i have to mix oil and gas 1:33

for everyday i´ve got my ´91 Honda Accord Aerodeck 2.2i 150PS

Comment

When I lived in Budapest my friend had a Trabant that he let me drive. It was made of particleboard and was rather fun to drive with it's three speed column shifter.

Comment

four speed plus backwards yeah!
                four speed! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                column shifter is cool
                you can hold it and shift with your right small finger while the hand rests on the wheel [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                it only gets a bit rough for backwards:
                it´s "push´n´clack" what i call it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                what´s really cool is the reserve-gas-cock near the co-drivers feet [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                if the Trabant starts to splutter you know gas is almost empty:
                so you turn the reserve-gas-cock (while drivin yeah) and got another 5 liters of gas for your ride to the next gasstation [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                important to say that the Trabants gas-tank has only an overall capacity of 25 liters! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                Trabants are really pure fun [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                andy

Comment

you're actually obliged to wear a helmet in holland. also, mopeds have a max speed of 45 km/h (which doesn't mean that mine does 70 km/h)
                  Gas mileage? It's a two-stroke, so i do about 30 km per liter. A friend of mine has a four-stroke 50cc honda, and he does 60 km per liter.
                  Two-stroke does mean i have to put mix-fuel in it, with added oil.

Comment

Working...
                  X