Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RACERX - I will be away for a bit. VanHalen P

According to RacerX's Mom
    Narrowing it down, it's most likely between 1971 and '73.

She can't remember where that was, or even the name of the guitarist, but that is her band, The Internationals.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'll bet a cocktail at NAMM that's Ed on drums and Alex on guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take that bet, Pat. Uh, I like Whiskey & Coke. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: RACERX - I will be away for a bit. VanHalen Pict

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hoss, you still got a few facts wrong! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah that is my Mom's band The Internationals. Jan VH on sax and clarinet, Alex VH on drums, can't remember the guitarist's name, but he was an Indonesian dude (It's NOT Eddie, duh). We think the pic is from 1971-73.

My mom (Janny Vander Molen) was the national accordian champion of N. Europe in 1952 and she toured Europe all that decade before settling in Hollywood in the early 60s. We were old family friends of the Van Halens before losing contact in the early 80s.

Comment

Damn.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Alright bro, your cocktail shall be served, would you like a double sir? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That's awesome Ron, too bad you didn't stay in contact, we'd have Big Ron on the inside givin us all the scoop(s) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Did your mom teach you ACCORDION (caught ya on the spelling mistake!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) at a young age? Trying to pass on the legacy maybe? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Happy New Year Ron... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nice NOTP!!!
              Pat

Comment

Glad you got got it straight... That photo has always been a question when I bring it up... Cheers

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Did your mom teach you ACCORDION at a young age? Trying to pass on the legacy maybe? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. Mom was also a piano teacher, so I was (forced into) taking lessons in both piano and accordion (BTW you can spell it both ways IIRC) way before I ever picked up a guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, it's probably a safe bet you didn't get your tall as a tree height or your legs from her.
                    That is a fun pic tho, that looks like a baritone guitar, possibly as bass or even a bass.

Comment

by the way, if you see a young Ed with an electric at a young age, he had a Teisco Del Ray 4 pickup as his first electric. Then came the ES, the strat, and les pauls and so on (not in that order i don't think).

Comment

Working...
                      X