Digital Camcorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Camcorders

I'm looking into buying one of those little camcorders...the ones that record direclty onto a memory card in like mpeg format or other movie file type.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm not looking for the state of the art mumbo jumbo. What brands have good quality and other information? I've seen prices from 85 -250 for the type of thing i"m looking for. Nothign fancy.

Re: Digital Camcorders

I have the Samsung SCD303. It is easily the most bang for the buck, and has a lot of features the more expensive ones have. You can record to tape or memory card, plus it has a built-in digital camera, nightvision, and a bunch of other effects.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

no tapes...we have a sony one with a tape and it has the USB connector access...and it doesn't read any info from the taped recordings. Therefore, I do not trust it to have a tape of any kind. And the memory card only takes still photos. It sucks

I want MPEG4 technology or somethign similar.

Comment

have you considered a DVD camcorder?

Comment

how much do those cost? I don't have a buttload of money....

Comment

start at like 600 I think(way to much for me).... the resolution is higher than minidv(small tapes) and play in yer DVD player! I don't know about in the computer though... all brands but sony have memory card features. take a look.

Comment

BTW I work at Circuit.... so I can get more info if ya need, but I actually sell computers and do tech work on comps. and I also used to work at best buy.... did'nt someone here work at best buy?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                no tapes...we have a sony one with a tape and it has the USB connector access...and it doesn't read any info from the taped recordings. Therefore, I do not trust it to have a tape of any kind. And the memory card only takes still photos. It sucks

I want MPEG4 technology or somethign similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even have to use a tape with mine. I can record video on the memory card. Plus I can upload video directly to my computer from either the tape or the card.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                X