Need a luthier in Boston, MA area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a luthier in Boston, MA area

The luthier I've been going to for the past few years (Steve Morrill) has vanished. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Well, maybe he himelf didn't vanish, but the store he worked out of is closed done and empty. This was Gordon Lasalle Wurlitzer on Mass Ave and it occured a couple months ago, which I found out today from the dudes working at Daddy's Junky Music across the street.

Any recommendations for any luthiers in the Boston area or know if Steve is working out of another facility? Daddy's does have someone they said, and I won't leave anything at GC at gunpoint! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Otherwise, I'll try the other smaller shops around.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Re: Need a luthier in Boston, MA area

Well this is a bit of a ride but he is awesome web page

Hope this helps
    Carl

Comment

Steve will be back,they're just moving upstairs I believe & there's also Jim Mouradian in Cambridge,both are highly reccomendable repair guys!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Steve will be back,they're just moving upstairs I believe & there's also Jim Mouradian in Cambridge,both are highly reccomendable repair guys!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Moving upstairs? I didn't know that, nor was there any sign about that on the old door. Their number just goes right to a voicemail too with no message.

I actually have heard of Jim from someone else on this site, and was debating going to him. He's in Cambridge Music, right? Is that in Harvard Square? Thanks for the info!
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Cambridge Music is in Porter Square
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Cambridge Music is in Porter Square

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, it's a helluva lot easier parking around there compared to H. Square!

Comment

oh yeah. Just don't park at white hen, they'll tow your ass (even if you buy something inside!)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                oh yeah. Just don't park at white hen, they'll tow your ass (even if you buy something inside!)

[/ QUOTE ]

What?! They tow cars in that area? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Make that every area around here!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Thanks for the tip though! Isn't that guitar shop called Guitar Stop right around there too?, I remember going in there once a long time ago.

Comment

Jim Mouridian is the MAN!, go to him. Chuck (Bloodsplatter does some pretty mean set up work as well) if he's got the time ask him, I've seen some of his set ups and they rock, and his guitars play like butter. He's local too.
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I'm not too bad with doing basic setups, and doing some tinkering here and thar, but I just don't have all the equipment (uh, and skills!) to do more intricate things like cutting a new nut and notching saddles for a TOM. I'll have to see look into where that original store relocated or try the other place when I get a chance.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      What?! They tow cars in that area? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Make that every area around here!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah, but I mean, it was like 10 minutes. We parked at White Hen, got some Cokes, went to Cambridge music, looked for a few minutes at amps, and headed back out when we didn't see anything we liked. The tow truck already had the car on its way out of the parking lot when we walked out the door...It was pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X