The "Sad New Year" thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Sad New Year" thread..

Not to put a damper on anyones new year, but I'm sure some people out there feel like me some times. A new year is upon us, and as it arrives, it does so with out so many people we love. Sometimes when you stop and think of all the people who have passed, it overwelms you. Many of us have lost someone close or someone they care about this past year. I've lost a few...right now , I'm just missing our brother Dime, and raising a toast to him as I type this. Sorry friends, I just had to write it out somewhere, and I feel that I have friends here. A tout le monde (To all the world) A tous mes amis (To all my friends) Je vous aime (I love you)
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Re: The \"Sad New Year\" thread..

Right on brother... I'm down about as low as I can be right now....good to know there are friends out there eh?

Comment

I'm low... Bad times here with the suddenly ex-GF myself. Gotta love relationships... Sigh...

Ready to go get drunk again.

Comment

This day has sucked for the most part already. So I'm drinking tequila. The outlook is much better now. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

drink is a good friend.... I know it. miss my girl....

Comment

I'm not even much of a drinker, but I'll raise a Shiner tonight for Dime.

Comment

Thanks friends. At least I know I'm not totally alone.
              The man in riot gear
              Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

I am so glad 2004 is gone so I guess 2005 is happy but I hear exactly where you are coming from... I do a little drinking for John and all you tonighttonight...
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Nothing wrong with being sad for Dime, but at this point all you can do is honor him and admire what a great life he lived. Any thoughts I have right now concerning him are happy times, none sad. Death is a part of life, sometimes it dosen't happen the way it should, but it'll happen eventually. Let your new year start out with a toast to his great life and a happy outlook on the new year. Cheer up bro, gotta start the new year right!

- Irfaan -

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm. What's a "shiner"? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm. What's a "shiner"? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shiner Bock.
                      Its a beer quite popular in the South and I beleive brewed the Lone Star State too.
                      Ive never had one myself.

And you guyses cheer up already!!!!
                      Ive been thru the downs alot in the past so i feels ya! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes Shiner is a Texas brewed beer. Brewed in Shiner Texas actually. I drink Shiner Bock, in fact, I just had one this afternoon after some yard work. It's a good beer IMO. I like to take my(frozen)pint glass, pour about a third of Shiner in it, then fill it up with Miller Lite. Now that's REALLY "tastes great..and less filling".....
                        The man in riot gear
                        Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

Best I can do....Is a Diet Mountain Dew. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Here's to ya'! Best wishs for a better 2005 Bros!
                          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
                          X