More Ed Roman stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Ed Roman stories

I was posting over on the Ernie Ball site, when one of the guys over there why trying to sale his brand new YB EVH Charvel. He wants the same amount that he paid for it($2700), when I asked him where the hell he bought it from that he paid so much, here was his reply.

[ QUOTE ]
    my first mistake was putting a deposit on it through ed romain guitars. they assured me that they were going to get the most guitars from charvel and that i would get my guitar quicker.

i believed them and gave them a $500 deposit. i was told that i would have a guitar by the end of nov.

well then charvel didn't ship guitars like they had promised, so i called ed romain and asked for my deposit back, because i had already bought the EBMM EVH and i was happy with that. i really didn't want it anymore. (i didnt tell them that though)

they refused to refund my deposit. so i had to buy the guitar. end of story

it was my own stupid fault, i got all hyped up about these new EVH's...i fell for the hype.

[/ QUOTE ]

then someone made fun of him , and made a statement about Ed always yelling, and so he posted this

[ QUOTE ]
    That is funny that you wrote that, because he yelled at me too!! He told me that the deposit was non-refundable. I told him that i never signed anything stating that my deposit was not refundable. Ed got all pissy and said well then get a lawyer and sue me! I was in MI he was in Vegas...he knew i was hopping a plane to get my deposit back!

The really funny part of this story is that after this yell fest between ed and I, the salesman called me back 25 minutes later and said ED somehow produced a guitar for me in 25 minutes and that it would be shipping the next day! Maybe i sounded like a lawyer! he is such a FU****' Ass****!!!

Well, it was either lose my $500 deposit or buy the guitar? At least i have the guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

The **** up part is that I was real close to finally biting the bullet and deal with Ed Roman,( I have been wanting a JET Guitar for awhile now, BTW if anyone has any opinions on them let me know), but this shit even scares me off more. Since I started with message boards about 5 years ago. I have heard nothing but horror stories about the guy and his shop. Which I have been to once in Vegas when they 1st opened there. Didn't buy anything, I was just turned off by the whole thing.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Re: More Ed Roman stories

Oh, we have a couple Ed stories here on the JCF also! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I thought the US Military captured him in a "rat hole" a little over a year ago? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] - love the smiley RacerX [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

to be honest, what was posted above doesn't sound like that big of a deal. the evh guitars were delayed for everyone, and it's not many dealers that give refunds on deposits.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That's a good point; we're kinda spoiled here because our sponsor dealers are pretty cool about such things, but even then when it's a matter of a month or two's delay, they might not do a refund. That's pretty much par for the course in the guitar industry, especially for a limited run series.

Ed's still a jerk and the abusive language is uncool, BUT the actual policy on deposits is normal.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

what sticks out to me here is the fact that roman came up with the guitar in like 25 mins after the yelling match. so if this guy had not called asking for his deposit back how much longer would he have had to wait for the guitar?

Comment

I am a member of the Talkbass forum (for bass guitarists), and there was a thread the other day about what a crook Ed Roman is.

Kind of funny; differnt forum, different instrument, same story.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

What was funny was at no time until I asked did this guy state who the dealer was, and when he did I just thought oh here goes another horror story. I personally have never dealt with the man, even though I have been tempted to. The thing is that Ed told him I am going to be getting more Charvels than anybody else, and doesn't he always state he has the best prices too?
                Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  what sticks out to me here is the fact that roman came up with the guitar in like 25 mins after the yelling match. so if this guy had not called asking for his deposit back how much longer would he have had to wait for the guitar?

[/ QUOTE ]Good point, but it also makes me wonder if the guy got the real thing. Ed being known for his fakes, I could see him taking more orders than he ordered from Charvel, and cranking out some of his own. It wouldn't be very hard to make forgeries if he had some real ones to copy, wold it? Or maybe he was hanging onto this guy's guitar while he used it as such a template. That's the real issue with a guy like Roman, him being a counterfeiter, you just have to wonder if what you have is real.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah, that *is* a scary thought, Rich. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Want me to ask Ed at NAMM how many fake EVH Charvels he cranked out? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, of course! Hehehe...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Yeah, that *is* a scary thought, Rich. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]Want me to ask Ed at NAMM how many fake EVH Charvels he cranked out? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]You can ask, but he probably won't be able to tell you, because he probably won't be done cranking 'em out yet!He could probably put out 2 or 3 fakes for every original, using the original serial #s, and if he scattered them around the country it could take years, if ever, for him to be found out. After all, no one says he can't make a good guitar, and these guitars are pretty simple in construction. It'd be easy and he could make big bank...So not only would I not want one from HIM, if I ever bought one used I'd want proof that it came from a dealer other than him. If you don't know which are fake, you have to suspect them all, and since Ed Roman is known to have built fakes, you have to think he'd capitalize on this limited edition series. No evidence of that - yet - but it's a sobering thought, huh?
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I am a member of the Talkbass forum (for bass guitarists)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you explained the forum. I thought you were talking about fish. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Hell, even FISHERMEN have Ed Roman stories!!

Comment

i was in Vegas over break, and i got a look at his cave from a distance. my siblings were like "look at that place, Roman Gui-" and i was like "Stop! we ain;t even gonna Discuss that guy!".

so i passed my knowledge of Ed to the younger generation, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]! Makin' sure History doesn't repeat, putting fires out where/whenever necessary!

Comment

Working...
                              X