Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 No more CBS for me! - JCFonline.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more CBS for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more CBS for me!

Well... due to some sort of politics my cable company (Cox- which SUCKS in my opinion, no pun intended) no longer carries the CBS affiliate.
    Apparently KLST wants to charge Cox to carry them, so Cox said "forget it".
    OF COURSE the only two shows I watch other than Southpark are on CBS. Those would be CSI and Lost. I love those shows!
    This really blows. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Well... there are some books I've been wanting to read anyway.

Em

Re: No more CBS for me!

Any broadcast channel comes in real crappy on my TV, but I get cable just fine. And neither my mom, who lived here before me, or I have EVER paid a cable bill. Weird. I only watch the History Channel, South Parl and Adult Swim occasionaly when I'm at friend's houses.

Comment

Same thing is happening with Cable One in Brad's neck of the woods (extreme east texas) and NBC: they (Cable One) dropped NBC.

I don't watch CSI or Lost, but if you want, I'll call you when they are one and leave the phone on next to the TV so you can listen in... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good luck, sis,
      Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Keith,

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Thanks, bro. You are wicked funny!

I didn't know this was going on elsewhere as well, that stinks. I don't get it, you can get these stations for free anyway so I don't understand the hooplah. I would think this would actually be detrimental to the station, I wonder if they'll lose advertisers?
        Ah, who cares. Greedy bastages.

I think we may have some rabbit ears around here someplace, yeaaaah... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        This could get real fancy!

Comment

Damn Em, sorry to hear that. I have Cox here also, they show our locat channels..or did yesterday, I may have to go and look. CSI rocks..I'm hardly ever home to watch it though.

Comment

We had this happen with Cox & our Fox affiliate a couple of years ago, & I had to go buy an antenna to watch fotball. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] They came to an agreement after a month or so, though. Cox plays hardball. They threatened to drop ESPN when negotiations weren't going their way last year. Can you get some rabbit ears for your TV, Em, or is the station too far away to pick it up?

Comment

Step into the 20th (yes 20th, not 21st) century, tell your cable companies to f*ck off in a way that actually matters, by leaving them, and go with satellite. Everybody be happy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Can't you get a small tv to watch broadcast television on, or just unplug the cable and watch your shows when they come on? I don't have cable, satellite, or DirecTV, so I have the problem of being out of touch with things in that area. Sucks, but sometimes you have to pick between watching people playing music toys and buying music toys. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] - Right now I am buying! About 12 hours to go until my latest buy arrives!!
                www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  You guys are funny. Thanks for the suggestions, folks.
                  Apparently it isn't the cable company at fault, it is the CBS affiliate being greedy.
                  Whatever. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I don't watch anywhere near enough television to warrant a satellite or direct or all those other extreme viewing options (though they are very snazzy).

And Hollywood, yep! We have another little TV with some ears (I found 'em in Keith's box of tricks), I just have to stick 'em on and see how they work!

Back to my book... [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Lost is on ABC [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It IS?!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Oh Awesome!!! Cool beans. I can still watch "Lost", oh GOODY!

(see how much I pay attention to TV? Haha!)

Thanks Ron. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Good to hear things seem to be better already. Go ears and ABC!!
                        www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

I feel for ya Em... I only get Fox in good here on a clear day. If its rainy or windy it gets ghost images and signal drifts in the audio. I can get WGN if i really try but thats only once a week late at night on a sunday. stupid power lines. I just hope i dont get cancer from those stupid things. I lost two cats to cancer in four yrs in this apt. coincidance or not its kinda creepy.
                          Gil

Comment

Em, I don't know how it is there, but most places you can get satellite for about half the price of cable, free installation and up to 3 receivers installed in 3 rooms. The advertise heavily in newspapers as well as the
                            free papers, like Pennysaver etc... I've seen ads ofering free DVD players and even free DVRs, so see what's available and what they offer. They are seriously trying to compete with cable and are almost giving it away.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I don't see why we have to pay for channels that have commercials to begin with, much less the ones that play "Paid Programming" through most of the night. I just love paying for commercials.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X