Any stock brokers in the crowd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any stock brokers in the crowd?

Dumb question o' the day: How would one who resides in the US most quickly and easily purchase shares listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Any stock brokers in the crowd?

Get a Canadian trading account. Its easiest if you set up with a Canadian institution. I prefer TD Waterhouse Discount brokerage. Once your account is setup, throw in some cash, and start buying..........

Comment

some canadian stocks are cross-listed and trade here in the US on the new york stock exchange. others that aren't listed can be purchased OTC (over the counter) via NASDAQ. if you are interested, pm me with the info and i will do a bit of research for you.

Comment

yo yet,

i can get you a series 7 license for $2500.00 and you won't even have to study or take a test. i got connects baby!!!!
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Any half decent brokerage, online or full-service should allow you to easily buy on any exchange you like.

Most Canadian stocks are listed on one of the American exchanges anyhow, sometimes with the same ticker code as on the TSE, sometimes not. Even if they're not listed, all the real brokers can still place and fill your orders on the TSE.

You shouldn't have to do anything special to buy stocks on the TSE.

For online brokers, some let you specify the exchange with a suffix. So for example, on my broker's site you can specifcy RY.T to buy Royal Bank on the TSE. In this case I could have also just specified RY to buy it on the NYSE.

Also, FYI, if you go to the website of say the NYSE, you can get a listing of all Canadian and other international stocks available.

Comment

Working...
          X