Going to see VAI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to see VAI!

Just ordered my tickets to see Steve Vai at the HOB in Cleveland! I got the EVO package as well so I can go to soundcheck and the Q&A. I want to ask Steve why Tony McAlpine's guitar is mixed so low in the LIVE DVD. just kidding. Anbody else going to the show?

Re: Going to see VAI!

I saw Vai on the first G3 tour in '96. He was awesome. The only thing that sucked was the mix. Totally not Vai's fault though, the guy put on a great show. Sounds like it should be killer!!

Comment

I'm all set for the EVO package in Winston Salem. I'm tempted to go to the Myrtle Beach show as well [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I sa Vai last fall here in Boston on the G3 tour (last stop of the tour) and this time around he had the best sound out of the 3 guys. I had never seen him before, but the guys I went with had all seen him multiple times and they all agreed that this was the best that they'd ever seen him play.
        You'll love the show, he's amazing live!
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

That sounds cool. Stupid question, what does EVO mean?? And how do you get it??

Comment

better bring a mattress to fall back on when he blows you off your feet. i'm fukkin' serious.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I saw him on the Alien Love Secrets tour... he definitely blew me off my feet!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thus the mattress.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't have a mattress... that's probably why I am the way that I am. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] LOL

Comment

that explains it all, i'm gonna go and put a pile of bricks behind me so i can join forces with you.-lol

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      that explains it all, i'm gonna go and put a pile of bricks behind me so i can join forces with you.-lol

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Wouldn't that be used silicone boobs [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

He's coming to the Birchmere in Alexandria, VA on March 23rd. The presale was today at 2pm but there is no EVO package for this show and the seats are general admission. So, no point in buying the presale tix. I'll just buy mine from a local Ticketmaster when they go on sale. But I did see him on the last G3 also, and he was incredible! I can't wait!
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

good point, not the saline ones, but those good 'ol hard as a brick silicone stand at attention even in the grave funbags.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I sa Vai last fall here in Boston on the G3 tour (last stop of the tour) and this time around he had the best sound out of the 3 guys. I had never seen him before, but the guys I went with had all seen him multiple times and they all agreed that this was the best that they'd ever seen him play.
                              You'll love the show, he's amazing live!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at that show and agree with your buds. Usually, Satch is my fave for G3 but Vai was beyond human at that show! This time around he'll be at the Avalon which I think is the best place to see a show in Boston. He was there a couple years back when he brought out the 3-neck heart-shaped guitar from his DLR days!!
                              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                              X