Going to see VAI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going to see VAI!

I'm waiting for the EVO tickets to go on sale for Cincinnati. They have them for the Columbus show, but I almost got crushed to death at a White Zombie show at Newport Music Hall so I will go to Bogarts instead. I've never seen Vai before so I am VERY excited about this EVO experience.

Comment

Yes, Mary and I will be going. I scored front row tickets to the Town Hall, NYC show from the Vai.com presale and then I scored tix for the Starland Ballroom show in NJ plus the EVO upgrade for the SC and Q&A. We love Steve Vai. I've met him a couple of times over the years and he's very down to Earth and a cool cat...

Comment

Vai on the last G3 tour was surreal. I've seen him a bunch and had extremely high expectations but that show was something way beyond what I was hoping for. His playing was amazing - not just in the technical sense (although he certainly did that too). His sense of melody and harmony was stunning. I think he only played 2 of his old tunes but it didn't matter because his new material was instantly likeable. Yngwie and Satch were amazing but Vai was from another place altogether. I am looking forward to this big time.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

it is strange, but now that i am a grown up, I am getting to do all the things I didn't get to do when I was a teen. I saw KISS a year and a half ago, I'm going to see Steve Vai, I own a couple Charvels, I am so stoked it is unreal!

Comment

I also saw Vai on the first G3 tour in 96. Haven't been able to catch him since. He's coming to St. Louis on 4-10-05. I plan on being there.

Comment

when's he playing at AVALON? That will be fk'n killer to see him in there.
              I need to go, I need to go!
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I see 3/31 in BOSTON (went to his web site)
                Any other local Bostonians going to go to this show?
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I see 3/31 in BOSTON (went to his web site)
                  Any other local Bostonians going to go to this show?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, tix won't go on sale until Jan 22. For Avalon tix, I try and get them at the Orpheum box office to avoid the bast@rd fees. Try and get tix on the early side, as he usually sells out due to the Berklee home crowd.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    That sounds cool. Stupid question, what does EVO mean?? And how do you get it??

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

EVO is the package deal-125 bones in addition tot he ticket price. You get to go to soundcheck, get to go to a Q&A session with Steve (and I assume other band members), autograph CD and booklet, guitar picks, preferred seating and early admission tot he venue, I believe you get a laminate thingy (like a Backstage pass, but not a back stage pass). I think it is worth the 125 bucks myself, considering I have wanted to see him in concert since Iwas first turned on to P&W in like 1991. 14 years? That is less than 10 dollars a year to fulfill my wish.

Comment

Yeah, the EVO package is a good deal, especially when bands like VH charged like $400 for a similar experience.

Comment

i was thinking about this yesterday, but i bet when Satch sat down with Steve when they wre kids, when Satch showed Steve his very first E chord, I don;t think either of them had realized that they'd be this huge. or that either of them thought Steve would end up being Joe's equal later down the road.

that sounds **** great guys. I hope you enjoy the shows!

Comment

I wonder if Joe is jealaous that Steve "stole the pebble from his hand". Joe is a great player and all, but Steve smokes him any day of the week. Plus he's got better hair. I do think Joe did the right thing by shaving his head-that afro was atrocious!

Comment

Joe is a class act and has his own thing going on. I don't think he sweats it. At the G3 tour this time, he said "what the hell was I thinking playing after these two guys" - he obviously has a healthy respect for his tour mates [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I've got some mighty fine Vai 'swag' for him to sign...can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X