No announcement yet.

Dimmu Borgir to re-record Stormblast?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimmu Borgir to re-record Stormblast?!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=31075

I hope they don't **** it up. It's a pretty damn fine album as is. IMO. I love the simple piano interludes.

Re: Dimmu Borgir to re-record Stormblast?!

Dude!I agree!That album has some serious feeling,and the recording fits perfectly the music!So I hope they will not pump it with a superproduction like they use to have now!

Comment

Rerecording Stormblast seems kinda pointless. It's already a great album with good production. Why rerecord it?

Comment

What? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        Why do bands do this? Are they bored?
        Usually the original is best anyway.

Comment

And what's with only the two members rerecording the thing? Why not bring in the current line up to do it so it's at least worth buying again.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            What? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            Why do bands do this? Are they bored?
            Usually the original is best anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

easy $$$ And do forget the remastered, reissues... Every band rehashed their catalog. Gotta buy those too! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

That's so pointless. After a successful album and a successful US tour on Ozzfest, you go in the studio and record a new album, you don't go and mess with something that's already fine. Maybe they never heard the expression "If it ain't broke don't fix it" over there

Comment

this is all about $$$. if they re record the album, they have the rights to it, instead of the old record company.

Comment

Well, I see their point a little. It is their music after all, but this is such a critical time in their career. They've gotten so much press and the US fans who never heard of em are getting exposed to em. Guess it does a little good too, but whatever, ultimatly it's their music, their band and whatever will happen will happen.

Comment

This album freaking rules me too. I have always liked the atmosphere and feel in it. Upon getting into it again mid last year I definitely noticed the production being weak. When you go from Death Cult Armageddon in DVDAudio to it, theres a massive difference! I can only hope they put the same stunning sound to it as that release had. Then it will be timeless....for another 10 years [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X