No announcement yet.

where did head banging originate from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where did head banging originate from?

I thought this might be an interesting topic. (knowing you guys, we could get many very intersting responses). Where did the art of headbanging originate from? When did it first start?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: where did head banging originate from?

I believe headbanging can be traced all the way back to our primate ancestors.

Comment

it was first introduced after the first married couple who had ever been married on this planet were together for a month.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I think it was coz once, long time ago, there was a guy who loved shredding!! he did nothing else all day for years, and didn't have time even to cut his hair. he was always concentrating and staring on his fingers, so his hair was started taking his sight, and he had to throw it on his back, but it always fell down, well you got it...

seems reasonable to me.
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

In merry ole England when bands like Status Quo, Motorhead, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath were just starting to get popular

Well that's what i think anyway [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I think it was some epileptic at a Black Sabbath show..i saw it on the Discovery channel.

you know how people are like sheep ...they'll copy anything you throw at them.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

In all forms of music, there's usually some sorta groove or beat people tap their foot to or bob their head to. Just to happens the beat of metal is much more aggressive and faster, so ya bang your head along with it. Plus it looks kinda cool, can you imagine 10,000 metalheads furiously tapping their feet to Iron Maiden? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

AC/DC fans, I think....
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

"bang the head that doesn't bang" - cliff burton

Comment

"Bang your head against the stage as you never did before" - you know who!
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

What? No your mom jokes? Completely left open. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Quiet Riot..... They Banged their Heads back in early 1983..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I just assumed it started then.

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,150384,00.html

Comment

Angus was kind of THE early headbanger in it's more modern form...Ozzy and Sabbath just kinda nodded with the beat lookin' like a bunch of Mo Pops..

Preist did that windsheild wiper thing...so did VH...The Scorps...and a whole bunch of 80's bands that do all the "mandatory" 80's moves...that look so very gay today...well they looked gay then too....but the look super gay now! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Vinnie Vincent was the Michael Jackson of Shred! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Headbanging.....I don't know who made that a metal thing...hmmmmmm.

The Horns!!...Dio did that...that is an Italian gesture that sheilds you from the evil eye..."Maleocchio!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]"

my whole family wears them as friggin' neck charms...I even got one. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well, according to Lemmy, he invented the term headbanger, because at one of their early shows, some "geeezer banged his head". Apparently there was some odd fellow actually banging his head on the stage, and was actually bleeding from a substantial forehead wound. That is how Lemmy told it.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I can buy that!!

Comment

Working...
                              X