Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: \"Horns\" metal hand sign origin

Yup, mine was given to me by my mother.

"Hey Italians invented everything that's cool....you name it ...if it's cool...a Dago probably invented it.

we are just as artsy as homos...but we love puss."
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You Eye-talians have produced some pretty good geetar players, too... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

<snip>
        we are just as artsy as homos...but we love puss.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line is just begging to be adopted into someone's sig line [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Actually the horns go back MUCH farther than Bill speaks of. Before the dawn of Man and Earth and the Big Bang there was a guy named Gary living in Memphis, UZ who was watching some old Judas Preist Beta-Cassetts and turned to his wife and said "Hey honey, from now on when anyone does this: \\m// with their hands it will be known as the devil horns and will be the sign of the beast. I think the metalhead kids will dig it." True story, don't ask me how I know.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Actually the horns go back MUCH farther than Bill speaks of. Before the dawn of Man and Earth and the Big Bang there was a guy named Gary living in Memphis, UZ who was watching some old Judas Preist Beta-Cassetts and turned to his wife and said "Hey honey, from now on when anyone does this: \\m// with their hands it will be known as the devil horns and will be the sign of the beast. I think the metalhead kids will dig it." True story, don't ask me how I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT's a theory I can believe in!!!
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Ace, right before posting that --->
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Actually I haven't yet today. Not a bad idea though.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dio makes the most sence but....I remember Blackie Lawless making the claim [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No Sh!t! Probably when he played guitar for the New York Dolls.

However my metal brother (Brad) here at work tells me his Black Sabbath box set has a picture of good ol Geezer clearly making the horns sign and the pic is circa 73'!

Mind you this assh0le seems to think he was the first [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Speaking of Blackie, I know someone who made what he called a "Black-mo-caster" (and had that on the headstock). It takes all kinds.
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Yeah, Dio went into much detail about it the other day on VH1 classics Metal Mania show. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X