Strangest guitar damage stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strangest guitar damage stories

this pales in comparison to the stories here, but I only have two tales. Surprisingly I've had little in the way of damage done to guitars in the last 12 years, but two dings happened last year. I have almost identical dr3's in gravure green. One in C# that I got new, one in B a hockshop find. The 'B' guitar (or evil twin, invader neck pickup gives the black pole pieces that eyepatch look, like in a soap opera where the same actor puts on an eyepatch and hes an evil twin....im an idiot) doesnt get a stand, it rests on the floor/beanbag in front of my tv. Whilst playing the xbox one arvo, I've gone to throw the controller over it onto the bed, only to realise I'm standing on the f'ing cable, noticing its got just enough slack to land smack bang on the face of the guitar. A slow motion nnnnoooooooo!!! forms and it dings the bottom edge of the body. Just a dent and some paint missing.
    A couple of months later, friends are over and were xboxing it up, playing guitar whatever. In a familiar situation, I throw the controller to a mate and ol' stand-on-the-cables returns! This time it was my original jackson though, absolute mint if I polished the pickswirlies out. A quick midair punch of the controller let it astray (it had some extra slack this time) hurt my hand, but only two small clear coat scratches smaller then the i on your keyboard.

Theres a message here. Microsoft hate Jackson. That or I really need to get some cordless controllers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a few broken neck stories:

1: My Charvel strat head explorer, playing the Cat Club in NYC, it was a big showcase for us, packed house Ace Freahley, Kirk Hamment where there. Set ends I come off stage quick, snap! I hit the low overhang by the stage broke the headstock clean off.

2: B.C. Rich Gunslinger (Nagel) Playing Summers on the Beach in Fla., We have homemade pryo. I have my guitars on stands off in front of my amps (side of the stage was packed with road cases) Singers misses pryo que jumps back, knocks the guitar over then stands on the neck, the headstock was hanging on by a thread.

3: Gibson Les Paul (just like Randys). I’m at hockey camp and my moms wants to clean my room, knocked it off the stand cracked the neck and the headstock, I traded what was left of that guitar for a Charvel strat head with a kahler, strat body 1 hum.

4: My number 1 guitar Kramer Pacer. This poor thing has had four necks on it. I have had since I was 18; she has been at every show I have ever played. The airlines have broken 2 necks, I broke one spinning my guitar around my neck at the Rock and Roll Café in Fla. And the neck that is n there now (maple/maple rev/chandler) has been repaired twice. Man I love that guitar.
      www.kiddhavok.com
      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

In 1988, three weeks after receiving King V J4828 new from the custom shop, strap came off of the front button....You guessed it,
        headstock crack at the nut.....I about puked onstage!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] It was repaired at St. Charles Guitar Exchange... All's well now.

Adrian
        All hail the 'King'
        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

wHAT? NO DRunk cHicks? In colloge my ex-rythm guitarist has his High end Jap BC Rich Iron Bird with camo paint by "Screamin' Leaman" on a stand in his dorm. Enter Roommates drunk ho. She wipes out into the guitar and the headstock cracked right off. She is quoted as saying somehing like "Did I do that"? My buddy was [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I was about 14 or 15 years old and i had just bought a Washburn 333 in black jack finish, they are quite hard to get over her. Best guitar i had ever put my hands on at the time and i loved it to death. I was learning some things down stairs and i had to go to the toilet. I left the guitar laying against the couch thinking it would be ok.....my sister knocks the guitar and it falls front first onto the floor, creating a huge crack on the headstock. It didn't completely fall off but it was bad enough. I was soooo pissed. I had to glue it back together with strong wood glue and had to get rid of it for a Fender Stratocaster. Ok swap i guess, but i wish i picked the Charvel instead. lol.
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Working...
            X