Anyone like any of the newer bands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone like any of the newer bands?

They're not really new, but they're new to me. I really like the new Killswitch Engage, and the new God Forbid CDs. I used to always be in the know about music, but now I feel left behind. There are actually a lot of cool bands out there. I need to crawl out from under my rock.

Any other new stuff I should be aware of?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Anyone like any of the newer bands?

where to start, man?

check out Bill's list to end all lists (if you're into Powermetal, anyhoo).

If I had to recommend a few must-haves (IMHO, of course), check out Nevermore, Prototype, Tarot, Sinergy, Last Tribe, Lamb of God, Firewind, Dungeon. The new Machine Head album is very good (I didn't like their old stuff, bit too NU for my tastes). The new albums from some old bands, like Anthrax, Dokken & Dream Theater are also good.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I must be very picky in my older age, because some of the ones you mentioned don't turn my cranky. The new Anthrax is horrible IMHO. It's not even the singing that's bad. They rerecorded the whole songs, and they just don't measure up to the originals. I never liked Dokken, and although Dream Theatre are great, I already have a ton of Fates Warning, and one prog. metal band is plenty for me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

I do like some of the Nevermore that I have heard.

I'm really into stuff like In Flames, Shadows Fall, and Soilwork. I'll have to check out some of the others you mentioned.

Comment

if that's the stuff you're into, have you checked out Arch Enemy or Lamb of God? Although, for that sort of stuff, there are plenty of folks here much better qualified to help you out.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Some of the bands mentioned have been around and are not really new, but still kick ass none the less. I'm not too much into the new stuff (some of em are awsome, just have no $ to buy new CD's and don't know enough of what's out there), but here are some I know of. These guys kinda share the same vibe as the new In Flames, Soilwork, God Forbid and Killswitch.

Beyond The Embrace (3 guitarists, new album rocks)
          Unearth (Great energy, cool songs)
          As I Lay Dying (Heard one song and it was cool, 94 Hours)
          Heaven Shall Burn (Swedish I think that kinda sounds like a lot of US bands are sounding like with their swedish influenced metal fused with hardcore)

There's a whole bunch more, but I can't remember em for the life of me. If I do I'll post some more.

Comment

In general I do NOT like the new bands at all. Most of them sound like high-fuzzy gainshit (i.e. Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, etc).

Some I can enjoy; Sinergy, Kamelot, etc...

((btw I consider anything post 1990 new [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]))
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Beyond the embrace kicks major ass. haven't even heard their latest album yet...
              vitaminG you need to check out "burn my eyes" and "the more things change" by MachineHead.

I listen to a lot of new stuff...download anything I can get my hands on..lots get deleted, some I buy the record.
              I'm listening to Soilwork now.

Comment

If anyone's interrested in an original thrash band, I'd recommand Mokoma. They're from Finland and if you like good Thrash with original vocals, check at their albums "Kurimus" and "Tämän maailman ruhtinaan hovi".
                The new Mnemic "The Audio Injected Soul" is also one of my new favorite classics.
                And if anyone likes original stuffs, still from Finland, I'd tell you to check out in Waltari's discography. "Radium Round", "Channel Nordica" and "So Fine" are HUGE.

Comment

I love the whole new Metalcore scene, everything from Lamb Of God to Killswitch Engage to Shadows fall to All That Remains etc.

I'm also really into anything Gus G plays guitar on so since he's fairly young all his projects are fairly new. For me Firewind, Mystic Prophecy and Nightrage are the better of his bands though.
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Metalcore eh? Is that what they call it these days? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the input guys.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

how about Chimaria...they are pretty kickin, the drummer is tight,,they have a new one though, the old one didnt like the road life.....hmmmm i mis that ShIT...so me the bus [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

All I know is I've watched Headbangers Ball for a couple months worth of Saturdays now and the ONLY things I've heard that I even remotely liked were Exodus and Korn.
                        I know, I used to hate Korn too, but in the company of the other crap being played, it stood out like a sore thumb as having an identifiable style and personality. The rest of the stuff they play all sounds the same to me, and none of it sounds like anything I would enjoy playing or listening to.
                        The Exodus song just flat rocked!

Comment

I'm totally into all the new metalcore these days!

There are so many cool new bands out there. One I'm really into right now, is a band called IT DIES TODAY. They are pretty new to the scene.

Chuck, if it's too "teenage-angst-ridden"....then you're too old!....LOL!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

shadows fall and machine head have some good songs

and I really like dark tranquillity
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I love some of the music, but I can't handle the vocals. It kills it for me every time.
                              www.kiddhavok.com
                              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Working...
                              X