• Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone like any of the newer bands?

Gory Blister. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Dude the name is soooo STUPID but they sound like DEATH ...the band...excellent stuff!!!

I used to BS with a couple of the dudes and they sent me a "demo" of their "art bleeds" cd ...theye are from ITALY [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]..Century Media has it.

If you like melodic death / technical stuff and Chuck S's Death...you'd like 'em.

more cool band that is killer technical Prog metal ...if you dig clean vox only..

Ark
      Vanden Plas
      Spiral Architec
      Pain of Salvation...kinda different...I like 'em
      Zero Hour
      Prototype...yes one of our very own..great prog metal!
      Sun Caged
      Threshold
      Symphony X..of course
      Pagans Mind

just to name a few....there is so much awesome stuff ..it's overwhelming and consuming my very will to live..I can't keep up [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

There is my Essential Metal list some pages back...I started on power metal

and on my thread I think I got to the W's..of ALL power and Power / prog stuff..FYI

of course these are just "MY" opinions but I don't think I ever steered anyone wrong so far (i don't think)..I hate wasting money on crappy music..when there is so much awesome stuff you could buy instead....I like spreading the word because I think the good bands deserve it and great music should be heard.

screw image...that's not music
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cool!!!!!! nice info guys your the bestest. I was living In Edmonton, Zeegler thats why my friend had a copy. Havent been able to find anything in the States. But yeah I'd love to get the cd off of you, just shoot me a message or email with the details. I'm currently in CA.

Comment

Well Sh!t, I have officially become obsolite! (Which is a pretty cool, but not the best FF album).
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

So Bill, where do I get some Gory Blister music? (I am a HUGE Death fan)
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I love some of the music, but I can't handle the vocals. It kills it for me every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

+6.2billion

I listened to an album from I think Shadows Fall. I was totally amazed to hear that they are a (relatively) popular new band that actually plays solos, but I cannot stand the vocalist.

This is why I listen to power/prog stuff. I actually completely stopped listening to all of my old stuff for awhile, but have gotten back into it recently after playing guitar myself.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                No , the only band that comes to mind is Mundanus Imperium...which is a power metal band w / vocal god Jorne Lande...that's it...Sorry.

I'll keep a look out for that..

[/ QUOTE ]

Star Wars!
                Your troops are invading
                Pointing at you!

Dude man, I always find it so funny that our musican tastes are so similar, our cd collections are virtual carbon copies of each other from the stuff I've see you post and things you have said about bands I mentioned.

Oh, and Mystic Prophecy is good, but I wouldnt go as far as calling them Gus' best band. Ok, I'm gonna hold judgment till I hear the new Firewind because I heard that one song and Chitty is no Stephen on vocals and Gus' riff smacks of Kiss to me.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Yeah I know what ya mean...but I may like other stuff you probably don't like..do you like the harsher stuff..

It seems that Black / Death metal dudes think power metal is gay and visa versa...I say there's gay bands across the board..and they all get on decent labels somehow..

I like his Mystic Propehcy style because it's seems a little more original to me..He couldn't take the cheeze of Dream Evil anymore..neither can I..Firewind is great but it's in a somewhat predictable neo classical format ala Malmsteen for the most part ...I have so much stuff like that it's nuts...it all starts to bleed together...His NightRage is cool too ...that's his stab at the whole Melodic Swede Death thing...or NWOSD

But I think this topic was directed at the popularity of Metal Core..Threfore I think Byzantine is cool...I had it on the other day..but metal core does bleed together quite rapidly ..I take it in light doses...

what I noticed about Metal core is that vocal skill doesn't seem to be a priority...there is a lot of very talented kids that care about shredding again and they get the band down tight as hell ...then some dweeb squeals and grunts like Bobby Brady sprouting his first pube throught what would have been a good tune..maybe a lot of bands can't find singers and just go "fuggit I'll sing ..let's play out" and bing!..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Zeeg you can get at Century Media for $12..

I was thinking of getting the offcial release myself ...but the demo they sent me seems more special..I should buy one for the support factor...I think they're good.

Comment

But that's how it was a lot of the time back in the heyday of metal in the 80s. Totally smokin' guitarist(s), decent rhythm section, lame-ass singer with the right amount of attitude/looks/eye-makeup/hair to pull in the average non-musician punters (see: RATT, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Metallica, etc)
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

yeah..I guess so G.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill, actually I do like the heavy stuff ... the really heavy stuff. I'm a music fan across the board man, think of it this way, one of my best buds is my old Jazz Composition Prof. and he really dug the fact that I could jam with him and know the shit and still represent some old scool Gorguts, Atheist and such.
                          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Dude you are my metal twin.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Atheist RULES!!!

Comment

I actually like some Nu metal bands, also there are some great new prog bands out there, I dig pop too but metalcore isn't my thing.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Nu Metal ...has nothing to do with "metal" it was a image that the industries made lots of coin off the mental zombies who bought into to it...they play that crap in relentless constant rotation until you do like it...or thought you liked it..

that crap was not promoted fairly ...it was brutaly imposed on all of us and like I said a lot of zombies bought it...now it sound trendy because that's exactly what it was ...it was Image without substance..that's not a good recipe for good music

Pop music is the epitomy of homeginized radio swill..it's ALL white noise to me...nothing more.

I am a music and metal Elitist...nothing but the best will reach these ears!!

too much great music out there to waste your time on the same old crap that's played constantly...

Linkin' Park is a great example of this ...they are pure %100 FDA approved sh!T!!!

just like 99.9% of the crap on commercial radio...radio is for people who don't give a fukk about music....music is not a priority in their lives...like our parents...or other non-muscians..just somethimg to listen to while some grease fag instals your muffler at Speedys...that's what radio is.

Comment

Working...
                                X