Too many projects!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many projects!!!

Related to my other post, here is a list of what I have on the go.

Jackson KV4 - This guitar is at Freddy Gabrsek's right now having the frets levelled, and the neck repair touched up. When I get it back, I am putting in new pickups, new pots, new toggle switch, the works. I'll be trying it with a Dimebucker, and a Duncan Custom in the bridge. Whichever sounds best stays. I will put some spare piece of crap pickup in the neck, because I don't use it anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

SX GG2 - This is the very low cost Exploreresque guitar I bought from Rondo. I am expecting the stock pickups and pots to be crap, and I'll be changing them most likely with a pair of zebra Might Mite Motherbuckers.

Charvel Fusion Special - I'm in the middle of filling the neck pickup, and refinishing this thing. It will probably go in the closet for a long time, because I don't need it.

Peavey Destiny - Just finished a major headstock repair. The top was broken off, and missing, so I had to cut it cleanly, and glue a piece on and reshape it etc. I had Freddy do a refret on it, and now it needs to be painted. In the closet it goes.

Black Aria Pro Cardinal CS400 - Got this off a guy I know on the Matsumoku forum after he bought it out from under me on Ebay. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Set neck LP DC type guitar. No hardware, just body and neck. I have all the hardware to finish it, but there are a few paint issues that I would like to fix up first. Into the closet.

Red Aria Pro Cardinal CS400 - This is to be sold, but the fretboard is separating from the neck at the top 3-4 frets. It plays fine, and with the strings on and tuned up, you would never guess. However, I want to shoot some glue in there before I sell it, just because I don't feel right selling it like it is.

Charvette 270RR - This lowly plywood monstrosity was my main player for a few years believe it or not. It actually plays awesome, and it's cool because if I drop it, or poke someone in the eye with it, it's no big deal. This is in parts right now. It's another one that I plan on selling, but maybe I'll just part it out. Closet time baby.

Randall RGT100 - My main amp. I stole it off some guy on Ebay. I built a new box for it, covered it in purple lizard skin tolex, and now I'm in the process of building a footswitch, and trying to figure out what is wrong with the fukking reverb. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I also just had to replace the old tubes in it. At least I can play it as it is.

Custom guitar - I'm building one. The body is almost done, and I am putting a Jackson neck on it. It needs routing, contour sanding, and finishing. I hope there's more room in that closet.

I hope that's it, but I might have more that I've forgotten about.

Does anyone else have this problem? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Too many projects!!!

Suddenly I feel a whole lot better about the BC Rich Wave & Hamer V projects that have been sitting here unfinished for a while .... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Then there's that pesky Roland GK-Kit pickup that I've never installed because I don't know which guitar to sacrafice to it.

And .... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Wish I had that problem, lol. I think I see your New Year's resolution right there, all 9 of em [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

- Irfaan -

Comment

Yeah. This year I was planning on wrapping up the resto on my '69 Charger. After paint, installation of the interior components I have been buying here and there and new exhaust, it would be done for the next few years.

But rather than take comfort I went back to sqaure one by buying a '68 in the same condition the '69 was in when I got it.

Comment

Oh, Jim, that's just my guitars and amps. Don't make me list the home improvement, and car/bike projects. I don't have time to write a novel.

Comment

I've actually finished all my guitar projects for now. Maybe I should take another one on!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Oh, Jim, that's just my guitars and amps. Don't make me list the home improvement, and car/bike projects. I don't have time to write a novel.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Sounds like you and I need to sit down for a few hours and just talk projects [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm so far up to my a55 in projects it's disgusting. I'm actually, finally clearing out some stuff but everytime I get them out, "they pull me back in" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I've actually finished all my guitar projects for now. Maybe I should take another one on!!

[/ QUOTE ]

1. My (Geir's) Yellow Rhoads Pro
                2. My Rand V
                3. My KVX10 / DXMG project

There are your next 3, dude! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

still gotta take the finish off my warmoth and re-do it..
                  but that only happens if/when I go back to Oregon, and I don't really wanna go back.. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    <font color="aqua">Sounds like you and I need to sit down for a few hours and just talk projects [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm so far up to my a55 in projects it's disgusting. I'm actually, finally clearing out some stuff but everytime I get them out, "they pull me back in" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

I know what you mean Dave. Half the time I don't work on getting any of them done, because I am too overwhelmed, so I grab a beer and sit at the computer. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I need to prioritize, so I can focus on one thing, get it finished, and move on to the next one.

Comment

Working...
                    X