A Sad Day Indeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sad Day Indeed

My Grandmother passed away last night, she was 80 years old. Cancer is horrible and she suffered for the last 3 or 4 hours she was alive in great pain. She was at home and myself along with most of my family was there with her when she passed. It was very difficult, probably the hardest thing I have done yet. Then I witnessed as I call it, true and pure heart break, my Grandfather wept uncontrollably and cried to the heavens because he lost his wife of 63 years...think about that kids, SIXTY THREE years! He is the patriarch of the family and I nor anyone else in the family have ever seen him like that. He cried and cried hard for hours afterward...and kept asking the heavens WHY...and telling us "do you KNOW what I lost?" it was uncontrollable heart break the kind that will probably never witness again in my life.

I just wanted to share my feelings, my sadness and sorrow with you guys...as I sit her scanning pictures in for a memorial DVD i am making...I just felt that maybe I could tell this story to the gang here in hopes a few prayers for my dear Grandfather...and my dearest Grandmother...may she rest in peace, always.

Mike

Re: A Sad Day Indeed

I am so sorry to hear this.
    I hope you to feel better soon.

My grandfater just passed away last week too.
    What makes me even more sad is I wasn't able to go back to my country and say my last goodbye to him.
    I have so many good memories about him when I was a child, I and my younger brother used to visit him every saturday and spent saturday night watching TV with his family.
    This year started terrible for me so far....

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear this man.
      I pray that you and your family have strength at this time. I hope the pain you're suffering starts to heal soon, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Comment

Mike,

I am so sad to hear this... I recently lost my grandmother as well (different circumstances).
        My thoughts are with you and your family, especially your dear Grandfather.

Hugs,
        Em

P.S. Saw the picture of your Grandmother at your site... she looks like a real sweet lady. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That is a nice tribute.
        Take care...

Comment

Very sorry to hear that dude. After being with someone for 63 years the pain must be like 1000X worse. Stay with him and call him to make sure he's ok. Now is when he's gonna need your family's support the most.

Comment

that's very touching and sad mike, i'm sorry about your grandmother. i had a similar experience when i saw my dad cry for the first time when his brother, my uncle eddie died. they were one year apart and did just about everything together even after they both were married and had kids. my dad passed in 2000, if alive he would be married to my mom for 62 years now. it blew me away when i saw my dad cry though. i never had the chance to meet my grandparents so at least you have alot of great memories. i'll throw a little magic up for you.

tommy
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Very sorry to hear this RemCarr. Cancer is a horrible pr1ck that takes away our loved ones without remorse. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I'm realy sorry to hear about your Grandma Remcar. Its tough thing to go through and you have my condolences. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

thank you ALL so, so much...this migt sound sappy but I have tears in my eyes right now...not only fo ryour out pouring of affection and good thoughts, but also for the losses suffered here as well. Its sad when the people you know and love for SO long pass away, kinda ironic too that we are all headed there someday.

Bless you all, you just totally blew me away.

I love you guys,
                  Mike

Comment

<font color="aqua">Mike, what can I say that hasn't already been said. I'm so sorry for the loss and our thoughts and prayers are with you.. </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

My condolences to you and your family, Mike, especially to your granddad. You're all in my thoughts and prayers; take care of each other.

Regards,

Rich
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

As was said above, I'm very sorry for your loss. The pain of loss is very hard to deal with. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

My dad passed away 3/09/04 @ 10:25 am of cancer. I was at his side holding his hand. We were able to take him home from the hospital after 44-days of hell in there. It was the **** worst day of my 37 years of living.

Best regards to you and your family keep an eye out for depression.

Stay strong Bro,

Adrian
                        All hail the 'King'
                        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Mike,

There is nothing that can be said to ease the pain, only time will do that. However, know that I am thinking of you and your family at this very difficult time.

Ralph

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost two grandparents over the past year. Only have one left now.

Comment

Sorry to hear Mike. After you ae done mourning get back and live life to it's fullest in honor of your Grandma. Take care of your Grandfather...
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X