$#@$@ Ebay and their new Fee's..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $#@$@ Ebay and their new Fee's..

Im not sure im im rehashing an old topic for you guys, or if anyone else got the Email (im in Canada, may be different?) but did anyone else get pegged with new fee's?

They are now charding 8% for the listing price and 5% of th eFINAL price instead of 2.75%

Thats a LOT on larger value items LIKE guitars and such. I thought using their system and Paypal was too much before, but this is just over the top.

I dont even need to let u know what it would cost to sell a 1000$ guitar on Ebay with a NICE listing, and THEN to accept the money VIA Paypal with their Ebay owned asses and HIGH fee's.

I wish there was an alternative, but there isnt [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I woulda thought hte fact that they were GROWING fast and makign tons of money would have kept it real, but hey, there is no competition , so lets drive up the prices more.

#@$#@$#@$

Re: $#@$@ Ebay and their new Fee\'s..

[ QUOTE ]
    ... I woulda thought hte fact that they were GROWING fast and makign tons of money would have kept it real

[/ QUOTE ]

The opposite holds true. The more you get, the more you want. The greed in this country is out of control.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Yep, I've totally stopped using ebay. My last GMW sale was around $40 in fee's, not counting Paypal. I always get the buyer to eat those fees.
      And for those that think that's wrong, eat me. I'm paying ebay plenty enough.

Comment

What they've done is waited until they created a virtual monopoly before jacking up the rates. It sucks, but as you say, for most it's the only game in town. If you actually can move your gear elsewhere, that's certainly better. Most really have no choice but to use it. Heck, a print ad in your local newspaper for a week will probably cost more than you'll pay in fees for most Ebay auctions, and you reach a small fraction of the numbers.

As for Paypal fees, it's not so much right or wrong, just that you will get tossed from the system if you're caught or turned in. As long as you know and accept that risk it's your choice.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I backdoored an item and paid with paypal, the next day my account was temporarily frozen until I confirmed my personal info. It seemed like an impolite way of saying "don't do that".
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

"As for Paypal fees, it's not so much right or wrong, just that you will get tossed from the system if you're caught or turned in. As long as you know and accept that risk it's your choice."

Indeed. I don't want to turn this thread into another "Paypal Fees" argument, as we've been there and done that, but just because it's against the rules don't make it right.
            I think that rule is wrong, and I do what I think is right.
            To me, it's like speeding: It's not illegal till you get caught.
            [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              ... I woulda thought hte fact that they were GROWING fast and makign tons of money would have kept it real

[/ QUOTE ]

The opposite holds true. The more you get, the more you want. The greed in this country is out of control.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the (very effective) crack dealer business model: the first hit is cheap if not free but once you're hooked the price goes through the roof.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I use to love to use Ebay, buying and selling, but I am getting turned off from it lately. Not just the fees, but it seams the sellers have really raised their shipping costs as of late, I think to recoup some of their fees on the auction or paypal. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                X