Goodbye Mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Mother

I had to say good bye to my mother today. She is finally with my father, where she has wanted to be since the June 4th, 1999 car wreck that killed him. My mother has a long medical history that I won't bore you all with. I have included an email to my best friend because I can't type it all again now. I am headed to my sisters to start the arrangements.
    "Joe,
    Today was a day I will never forget. I got a call at work yesterday at 2:40pm from my brother Joe. He told my Lt. that I should get to the hospital asap. I left work and went up to Hackensack. My mother's condition took a turn for the worse. Her blood was so acidic that her blood pressure was only being kept up with massive amounts of drugs, the most they could administer. She was in a coma. She hadn't had any sedative in two days and she was still not waking up. I stayed there till 12:30am but I was supposed to be at work a 6 this morning. At 4:30 Amedeo called me and had me come to the hospital. Her blood pressure was crashing. After I got there, it appeared to go up a bit. Maybe 82/40. Very bad still. The doctor layed it on the line with us and said that there is nothing more that they could do. The only thing keeping her alive was the drugs and ventillator. My brothers and sister, along with Nancy and Holly, Aunt Fran and Uncle Bill had to make the hardest **** decision of our lives, or at least MY life. My mother always said she did not want to be kept alive by machines and we all decided to adhere to her wishes. At about 12:15 we had the doctor discontinue the meds and at 12:30 she joined my father again. It is killing me just to type this. That is the only reason I didn't call you. I would never have gotten any of this out. I will be at my mothers house this evening.
    Call your mom and dad and let them know how you feel about them. You never know when the last time will be.
    Scott"

Her name is Angela, but she just preferred Angie. I will miss you forever Mom.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: Goodbye Mother

Scott I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences go out to you and your family. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Thoughts & prayers to you & your family Scott!!

Comment

Sorry to hear man. My condolances.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

stukes,
          i'm really sorry man. i lost my dad on 2000, and i pumped myself up with so much junk i could not go through the ceremonies they way you should, clean and feeling it. i'll throw whatever magic i have left in me up there for you. stay strong stukes, you had a great mother unlike many people who don't or didn't.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I am so sorry. Take care of yourself. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Comment

Very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Bless her. My very sincere condolences for your loss.

Comment

My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Scott:

I don't have the words, but I can honestly say you're handling it better than I ever could.

I'm gonna be a basket case when something happens to my parents.

Cherish your memories with her and hold them dear.

I'm so very sorry Scott

Sam and Krista </font>

Comment

Scott, my deepest condolences. Although I wasn't part of the decision-making itself, not too long ago I was present for the same choice for an in-law. The pain and difficulty of having to make that toughest-of-all-calls is quite like a stab to the gut.

I'm sure it provides no relief to your sorrow right now, but your mom is surely happier having been reunited with your dad. Thoughts and prayers, bro.

Comment

i'm so sorry man,my deepest condolances bro.
                        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

It is a tough event to go through. I've done it twice also.
                          My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

Stuka,

You have my sympathy, I'm so sorry.

Adrian
                            All hail the 'King'
                            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with ya brother!
                              Hang in there and be strong for everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X