Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Barrett 50 BMG it into the NY Times! (big pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Barrett 50 BMG it into the NY Times! (big p

> The effective range of a .50 BMG round,with proper elevation is 7450 yards,according to a video a friend gave me of a Terminal Ballistics Demonstration conducted by the U.S. Marine Scout Sniper School,using a M82A1 model by Barrett MFG. Does that mean that you can shoot someone from that distance? HELL NO! The longest recorded sniper kill is about 2800 yards,shooting off a mountain into a valley,and was done by Carlos Hathcock somewhere in Vietnam. According to the story told in The Long Range War,he mounted a scope to a .50 machine gun,put one round in it,and took aim while the guy was bent down tying his boot,and stood up into a headshot. The longest range used in target shooting matches is 1000,anything longer than that is asking too much of yourself and your equipment,considering the many variables. Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I've got a 40 cal semi MP5 clone on order. Can't wait to get it. I love the 40 cal round. I would have liked going with the 10MM but figured I'd be better off with the 40 cal ammo since it's popularity makes it cheaper and offers more load varieties also. Don't forget to post a full range report after you test her out Mike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is doing your clone if I may ask?
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Send me a PM. Unless you have preban 40 cal mags in Mass already or you have a law enforcement link you could get one through you won't be able to get one in Massachusetts. Unless of course you have qualified for all the necessary NFA forms. Then you'd be golden.
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I'll definitely post a range report once I get it broken in and have a chance to test it out, long range!
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
          X