Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Corona, CA?

Ace? Ron?

I hope you two aren't too close to here... I am watching a mass evacuation going on on CNN. Apparently something about a dam ready to burst?
    I can't find much info.
    Any JCFers out there, I hope you're safe.

Em

Re: Anyone in Corona, CA?

Wow! The FMIC plant is in Corona!

Comment

i'm about 45 minutes from there. that's like arizona when you're that far from the beach for me.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

For me anything east of the 710 freeway may aswell be the Atlantic. I live on a hill on a peninsula, but I am on the east side facing AWAY from the open ocean. I am about a mile from the water, and at an elevation of maybe 500 feet.

Comment

Okay let me get my maps out and compass and GPS ready here.. I think I can find ya Ace!

Comment

Well? Any news? I checked CNN's website when I first saw this thread in the morning but nothing then. Nothing now either. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Hope nothing happened! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Gina D, a Fender employee posted this on the FDP:

"Worry not, your guitars are safe from becoming swamp ash by accident.

The dam is below us, and we are in no danger of being hurt by it, or any flooding.

The airport that you might have seen on the news is right behind AND below us, it is within a block, but a couple hundred feet below."

Comment

Em, here's a detailed article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Jan14.html

I'm about 25 miles from there. Thanks for thinking of us.
                I have relatives near there, but they live up in the hills.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I too live in the area, but am not affected, good thing. Better check on a few friends of mine though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I'm about 25 miles from there. Thanks for thinking of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

We weren't worried about you Ron. It'd take a heck of a flood to wash you away downstream. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Ron and his buddies tore down a dam once and washed poor old Saruman's armies away.

Comment

Working...
                      X