Comment

Re: *FINAL PLEA FOR YOUR SUPPORT, MEMBERS!! ======

So when will we know the results? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: *FINAL PLEA FOR YOUR SUPPORT, MEMBERS!! ======

Voted again.

Comment

Bad News Guys....

Greetings all. Some bad and good news. They announced the winner Tuesday night, and the news hit today. The second couple won (the ones that slandered us on the Internet just days into the contest, yet the PR firm for DD did nothing after they were alerted [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] ) We did receive a free trip to the Bahamas for a week though [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] (since a few of the couples also had a 'bad' experience) but what the winning couple did to us in particular left a bad taste in our mouths. Thanks for everyone's support here though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] We think that the PR firm had the couple in mind from the getgo and they could do no wrong. The PR firm won't release the final vote numbers to anyone. I wonder why? The wedding will be at the Passaic St. Hackensack, NJ Dunkin' Donuts' location on Feb. 10 (a Thursday day wedding) if you want to drive by and through some dog shit out the window [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

You can read here:

Trashers Win!

Comment

Re: Bad News Guys....

I don't get it. What did they do? Need the dirt, ya know.

Comment

Actually it was defamation of character. A libel suit would be hard to prove (you have to show that what was said directly affected the outcome), but a defamation of character suit would not, imo.

"Defamation Definition
              defamation definition – an intentional false communication that injures another person’s good name or reputation. To amount to defamation, the communication must be published or spoken."

It's very ironic that his original post in the forum where he posts as a regular was edited by him after he got a phone call from a local reporter here in NJ. The article that came out in the Bergen Record didn't address the specific issue even though I told her how it went down. She skirted the issue with a broad brush in the Bergen Record:

"Thursday, January 20, 2005

By ALLISON PRIES
              STAFF WRITER

The competition for the all-expenses-paid wedding and prizes, valued at more than $20,000, grew heated. One couple accused another of slandering them in online message boards. Another couple said their rivals were taking down fliers they had posted."

If you go do a google search, you'll find it. A direct link from here won't show it.

The reporter knew the facts after we spoke on Wednesday morning and I think that when she spoke to the PR company representing Dunkin Donuts later that day, they told her to keep her mouth shut about the specifics of what John Townsend did. We kept a printed copy of what was said about us just in case he decided to edit his post (which he did) but by then, it was too late. Like I said, he edited this yesterday...
              "Joined: May 24, 2002
              Their story was the best? They are 45 years old. She is a manager at a Land Rover dealership, he owns a very successfull WEDDING RECEPTION HALL here in NJ. They also live in a very affluent and rich section of NJ.

Point being... they are loaded. They can afford their own wedding.

And, no, their story isn't better because... quite frankly....it isn't true. A good friend of mine remembered hearing a story VERY similar to theirs awhile ago on some tv show."

http://www.jwfan.com/index.php?name=...f6380bd9e619e4

The PR firm still will not release the final vote tallie for each couple [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Doh!
                So what is goping to happen next???

Comment

A simple apology would have sufficed, but since we didn't even receive that, our options are open. We're still pretty pissed that he tried to turn this into a skit for Jerry Springer. Mind you, this guy openly wished ill-will to the other contestants during the voting by posting on the net, but we never once got down into the mud with them. We watched him like a hawk, and he never had the savvy to realize that what he was trying to do might turn around and bite him in the azz. What's really perplexing is the fact that we alerted the PR firm that was hired to host the contest about what he had said. The winning couple violated those rules, yet they stood by and did nothing. Kind of make you wonder...

Had the other couple won, we would have been fine with that because they were on the up and up and didn't try to smear us by posting outright lies.

Comment

Interesting. Was that you who went on that board as JWFN? More curious, who knew there was a John Williams Forum? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    Jeezuz, there is a forum for everything!

Comment

No, that wasn't me, fwiw. I found it during a google search with "Dunkin Donuts Wedding 2005" in the search. It came up on the twelfth result...

Comment

You alredy got my vote...good luck!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          You alredy got my vote...good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you didn read the whole thread [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

We're over the whole shibang. We'll take the vacation and walk away, fwiw

Comment

I had a feeling that you may not win. Not because of the slander, but because of your future bride. She is just WAY to HOT. Face it, she is not doughnut material. Nobody looks that good coming out of that place. Cover of MAXUM maybe, but not DD. No one would think for a second she really ate doughnuts. Trust me, you already won.
                              Good Luck to you both.

OK fine, your hot too. Feel better?
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                              X