Very cool blues shredding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very cool blues shredding

That was brilliant... I'm still in shock, I gotta practise more!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Did you listen to his GnR brownstone - remix [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that would be coined "Techno Shred" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

OK that was amazing, the guy has a ton of really cool licks. Usually the thought of a "shred blues" makes me puke, because they just don't belong together, but somehow this guy makes it listenable. Neat style.

Fender Strats fuggin' rule. Every guitarist should have one!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm have the same sort of feeling mark. I think the guy is a great player but this type boogie-woogie thing isn't my bag [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Blues shredding to me is SRV/Hendrix [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I really like the blues for about 8-10 minutes then it gets old for me as a player. I sort of rediscovered it a few months back when DireccTV had SRV live playing repeatedly, awesome stuff...
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cool, all I have to do is get my old lady to dump me and I
              can play like that? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

That was awesome!

Comment

really cool..

beautiful strat too.. strats rule
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I hear more of a Jason Becker - Eleven Blue Egyptians vibe going on in there, actually. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Monster player. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Dang, that was very cool! Too bad about the girlfriend, but you can't argue with the results...
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

very cool, and i'm glad the guy's got a cool sense of humor too! finally, a technical AND feel player, who actually gets into the music, and not just does cool tricks while looking bored and staring at the fretboard...

gosh, and that speed tapping, Man. once the guitars are back, it'll be time to head to the woodshed for some new licks, haha.

P.S.-Lest we not forget everyone, noit only was he dumped, but he thanks Mr. Jack, Daniels not sparrow...please drink responsibly! hehe.

Comment

Holy shit!
                            Watch the other videos on his site. This guy really is a guitar master, and has every technique / trick down.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That blues shred is just the tip of the iceberg. Like V said, check his other vids. Un-fukkin-believable. A lot of his playing reminds me of Michael Hedges.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

You can sense his anger in the first minute or so, but then he descends into metal wankery. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X