Internet music dealer return policies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet music dealer return policies

So I just had a brilliant idea, and want to ask you all about the 45-day return policies that seem to be available at most places (music123, MF, etc). My idea is this: I want to try a 7-string, so I am wondering if I can just buy one and then use it for a few weeks before ultimately returning it. I take care of my stuff, so it will most likely still look pretty new. Will this work?

Seems sort of like renting a guitar, where the rental fee is just the return shipping.

Re: Internet music dealer return policies

That will work. Alternatively, you could walk into any GC and get a 30-day return policy so you don't have to fiddle with shipping it.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I've never seen a 7-string of any sort in my GC, otherwise I would just play it in the store and not buy it in the first place. Never thought I'd say this, but I wish Korn were still popular...

Comment

Remember to keep the original packing material to send it back in. Music 123 charges a 15% restocking fee if you don't have the original box.

Comment

I may be wrong but, I think most places charge a restocking fee if there are ANY signs of wear. I'm pretty sure that if you play it for a few weeks there will be signs on the frets from your use. They will have to then sell the product as a dent/scratch. Like I said I could be wrong but, this is the impression I get.

Comment

You'd have to play the hell out of it to create noticeable fretwear in a month. As long as you don't scratch or dent or ding it, you ca do it. Bear in mind they take your money more quickly that they give it back. They will have to get it back, inspect it and decide you've complied with the conditions of returning it in the condition you got it, with evertything down to the warranty card and the hex wrenches. So you may not get your creditcard payment back on your card for up to a month after they have the guitar back. You could ask ahead of time, but that'll tip them what you plan to do and they might really put it under a microscope.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well I bought it, and it was cheap so maybe I'll just keep it as a backup or something if I like it enough.

Comment

Working...
              X