Nevermore news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevermore news...

It's good to see I wasn't the only one who thought the "enemies" production was too muddy. With Andy Sneap remixing Enemies and recording the new one, I'll be ordering both for sure! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Check link below.
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=31684
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Re: Nevermore news...

Sweet... I always like Nevermore news...
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I hope the new one kicks ass. Enemies of Reality was pretty weak, in my opinion.

Comment

Good news. Just kinda wished I didn't buy the first recording of Enemies of Reality. I want the new artwork and all too, crap so I guess I'm payin for it again

Comment

Yeah the guys told me they hated the sound of EOR ..they told me..and when I said "they"..I mean all of them ...they said.."it's like there is a blanket over the whole damn thing"...

I don't think it was that bad...but I'm not them...

Nevermore can take a dump in a paper bag ...and I'll buy it!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OH ...BTW...it's been 10 years since the first Nevermore album came out...Ten years and six awesome albums later and still nobody at Guitar World knows who Jeff Loomis is..

Wes Borland ...ohfuckinghellyeah

Jeff Loomis....nope

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I just bought the old version yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] it still rocks though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Huh? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] When the album was first recorded, I read they thought it was muddy and they scrapped that and rerecorded it and that's the album that hit the stores. Now they're going to have a newer version?!? I think everything they've done has sounded fine, but Dreaming Neon Black definitely sounds more "muddy" than EOR.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I wrote either Guitar world or GFPM, can't remember which one now, but I vented my displeasure with them having Monkey from Korn among others giving lessons. I told them about Jeff Loomis and said "Now he could teach me something". I asked "What can people like Monkey and Head teach? Power chords?

That was about a year ago. I think it was something on the Nevermore board requesting that fans write these guitar publication.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Wow Dave...You did one better than me...I was just thinking of doing that...but didn't for that suspicion ...they would have no clue what or who you're talking about..nor do they really care...
                    I think all they want is these over promoted ass clowns that sells their BS soley based on image to 13 year olds who know nothing else...they know nothing else because nothing else is promoted ...other than over promoted silly lookin' ass clowns that big labels and crap have major amounts $$$$ in....

I'm surprised the Insane Clown Pussy has never made the cover of a Guitar world or wrote a column..

what's that the Clown Pussies don't play guitar???

Did that ever stop GW before..

I heard that Washburn will put out the limited edition ICP guitar...yeah comes with free clown makeup and rubber nose..

I'm sure if the ICP took a few weeks of guitar lessons and played one of their new ICP signature gutairs that I just invented...they wil be voted number one best new talent motherfuggers of the year....per the Guitar World readers poll..poll...yeah , I gotta poll ...in my shorts.

Nahhhhhhhhhhh Fukk Jeff Loomis...what can he teach us.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That was very kick ass of you for trying though Dave.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I guess I'm one of the few who already liked EOR. It's not as good as Dead Heart, but it still kicks much arse
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey G...I met a dude in the studio ..His name is Buzz Johns and is a real good bassists...we were hanging and exchanging chops and whatnot...

He's playing for the singer from Living Color ...it's a big band type thing ...or there is a lot of people playing together..he also jammed with Victor Wooten and Doug Wimbush..he's a session dude..

man , that's what I should do..

Yeah as far as Nevermore...Hell the band hated the album's sound before it was released...I remember talking to talking to Van Williams and the whole band was very unhappy with the way it came out and they were just picking up a lot of steam and had a lot of confidence in this album...it's a very good album...the songs are great and Loomis's playing is more twisted than ever..Andy Sneap does great work for a lot of aweome bands and was the guitarist for the once awesome Sabbat..I'll buy the retweaked one...

They should just include it as a bonus disc with the new one...well maybe not..whatever gets them heard..they just need to get out and be heard..

why they are not bigger is beyond me...they are better than most stuff that's out there...they should and probably will be bigger eventually ...it's a shame they're not by now..

I remember before the guiatar solo became cool to do again ...Warrel said one of their goals is to bring back the guitar solo...well the guitar solos are coming back...and they didn't get a piece of the credit..if any band ever brought back the guitar solo ...I always thought it would be Nevermore..

It's funny but a lot of the bands that supported Nevermore thru the years reached more success at this point...Arch Enemy...In Flames ...COB...and especially Shadows Falls...all those bands are very good but why they gained more steam than Nevermore remains a mysery to me.

Comment

Most if not all of those bands are from Europe
                          (I don't know where Shadows Fall are from but I know the rest are European) which has a decent metal scene that the US lacks, or has lacked for the past 5-10 years. They had support at home, wheras Nevermore probably had to tour overseas more than here, and couldn't get as much exposure. Hell, Jeff and Warrell
                          have to work as chefs when they're off tour?
                          That's not right, though they apparently love it. I think they'd love playing full-time more though, but who knows?
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah , that may be a good point..I never thought of that..

I used to think that all the time..

but metal seems to have got a recent kick in the ass here in the States..and I was being rarely optimistic about the future of some great bands....truly great bands.

Those dude from Shadows Falls are from Boston...I was locked with them for hours at my buddy's bar..they are talented dudes..

I know if I ever got a break and were interveiwed by a Guitar rag I would drop names of players I worship....Like , "if you think I'm good check out Jeff Loomis...you know...you never see too much of that..

I used to think that Marty Friedman was kick ass because he used to always give props to Uli..he was one of very few that alwyas gave Uli his due.

I hope it doesn't take another ten years for Loomis to get his due...because he's truly original and amazing....IMO

He almost got drafted to Megadeth when he was just an embryo..Dave always had a knack of getting awesome players..but I guess Jeff was a tad too young at the time.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Hey G...I met a dude in the studio ..His name is Buzz Johns and is a real good bassists...we were hanging and exchanging chops and whatnot...

He's playing for the singer from Living Color ...it's a big band type thing ...or there is a lot of people playing together..he also jammed with Victor Wooten and Doug Wimbush..he's a session dude..

man , that's what I should do..

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cool, Bill. Is it this New Life Project that Corey's involved in?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X