Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID Crisis.. sort off..

Hey everybody,

I'm having an identity crisis.. I thought it was just a fase but it's been like this for weeks/months..

Here's the story:
    Like 8 years ago I really got into metal.. I let my hair grow and it's a good 45 cm at the moment. I wear a lot of bandshirts and black pants and stuff..
    But the last couple of months I have the feeling I'm changing.. I hardly listen to metal anymore, and I even wear yellow shirts haha. I've been listening to bands like Ash, Garbage, Radiohead, Feeder, Liquido, Auf der maur etc..

another factor which contributes to my "crisis" is the fact I went to another school. I love my fellow students, great people but I feel I don't fit in with the way I look.. normally I don't give a f*** what other people think of me.. so I don't know if this really is a big factor..

so in short:
    - I'm thinking about cutting my hair but I'm worried I might regret it because it took me a long time to get it this long.
    - On the other hand, I really don't like it that much anymore..

I know I sound like a stupid teenager [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].. and it's hard to formulate the way I feel and think but I hope you know what I'm trying to explain..
    anyways.. any thoughts/advice?

thanks
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Re: ID Crisis.. sort off..

Cut your hair, you will feel loads better. I don't really get the stage thing. I listen to a lot of different types of music.

Comment

When you are a teenager it is all about the chicks. Every decision you make in your young life should be based strictly on what effect it will have getting you tail. If cutting your hair will get you laid more than cut it. If long hair drives the chicks crazy then keep it. Its very simple really. It actually doesn't change as you get older.

Comment

John is absolutely right. I was all about being a dirty rocker when I was in high school, and while I still got a fair share of tail, I know that had I looked more "preppie" and respectable, I would have had pussy coming at me from all directions. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I know this for a fact, because for about 4 months in grade 11, I did just that. I cut my hair, started wearing stone washed jeans (hey gimme a break, this was 1987), and sweaters and stuff. It was silly, how easy it was getting chicks. However, whatever you decide to do, you will regret cutting your hair later in life, or you will regret not cutting it. But, as I like to say, it's better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven't done.

Don't get all stressed about it, you're still young, and you should be all about having fun while you can. Oh, and listen to whatever music you like to hear. Any one that gives you grief about it isn't worth knowing.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          When you are a teenager it is all about the chicks. Every decision you make in your young life should be based strictly on what effect it will have getting you tail. If cutting your hair will get you laid more than cut it. If long hair drives the chicks crazy then keep it. Its very simple really. It actually doesn't change as you get older.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greatest advice ever. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          I'm calling JG next time I need advice.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Long hair sucks, you actually have to take care of it. I keep my hair about 1" long so I never have to brush/comb/dry/etc it, makes life easier. You do need to come back to the Metal, though!

Comment

go ahead and cut it. if you don't like it, it will grow back. Start small, get a few inches taken off to "clean it up" a bit. If that is not too shocking to you, than take it down a few more inches.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty damn sage advice. It also depends on what type of woman you are after. I've found that a whole different variety are attracted to me now that my hair is long, compared to when it was short.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] btw, actually I'm not a teenager but 20 something haha. But I'm a student so it's still about chicks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

thanks for all the advice.. I think I'll go with what etaeniura said [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

F*ck! I wish a fraction of the unfortunate outcomes from decisions that I've made in my life could recover like a bad haircut.

You don't particularly like your long hair and you're debating the question knowing full well that hair grows back?! Shave it the f*ck off dude! Carpa diem! Embrace changes that tweak your life experiences a little! There is no master plan for living your life.

Save your anxiety for questions like, do I want to marry this chick? Should my girlfriend get an abortion?

Let's see the skull, bro. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Embrace changes that tweak your life experiences a little! There is no master plan for living your life.

Save your anxiety for questions like, do I want to marry this chick? Should my girlfriend get an abortion?

Let's see the skull, bro. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha you're right..
                      I think too much.. much too much about everything..

I'm not big on changes.. just like Garth said in Wayne's World 2 "we fear change" ..great movie

ok, I'm gonna get a haircut, thanks for the replies.. and now let this thread die because I'm ashamed of it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude, come back..... Don't do it...... Dont cut your hair!Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Comment

Grow a Mohawk and dye it pink.

That's what I did
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Don't go to some cheap place like Supercuts. Scout around and find a boutique with the hottest chicks. Do your research. Get spiffed up. Tell them it's going to be a big moment for you, and they'll all coo around you and sh!t and give you the extra VIP treatment along with a doo that won't scare off chicks. My bro gave me this tip, and it fukkin worked like a charm. I scored with my stylist.

But now that my hair is short, I go to Supercuts. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] $15 is all I'm willing to spend on a monthly basis. That's the downside of short hair.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Don't go to some cheap place like Supercuts. Scout around and find a boutique with the hottest chicks. Do your research. Get spiffed up. Tell them it's going to be a big moment for you, and they'll all coo around you and sh!t and give you the extra VIP treatment along with a doo that won't scare off chicks. My bro gave me this tip, and it fukkin worked like a charm. I scored with my stylist.

But now that my hair is short, I go to Supercuts. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] $15 is all I'm willing to spend on a monthly basis. That's the downside of short hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X