CD production/duplication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD production/duplication

As some of you may remember, I've decided to leave behind my dream of making music for a living. But, I still want to write, record, and sell my own music for fun. Music is my passion, and it helps keep me sane in my everyday life.

I need some help and advice regarding CD production and duplication. The goal I've set for myself is to release my own self-produced CD by this summer. I'm only planning on making 100 copies, possibly 200. The music, tracking, mastering, inserts, and packaging design with all be by me, using equipment I already own (to get rid of as much investment factor as possible). CDs will be sold for, hell I don't know, probably $5 per copy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

I need some advice on how to go about making inserts and all that crap. Remember, I'm NOT planning on making any real money off this stuff, it's just for fun. Can I just design the crap on MS word and paint, copy it to a floppy, then take it to the CD duplication place and tell to make it fit an actual jewl case, or is there an easier/cheaper way?
Working...
X