Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Camera Help

RAR!

My sister gave me a digital camera. Its a FUJIFILM FinePix A210. She gave me the camera, a case, and the cable to hook it to the computer.

And thats it. She doesnt know anything about digital cameras, I actually traded her the Fujifilm for my non-digital Canon Elph. (I wanted a digital, she wanted an a standard camera)

It takes 2 AA batteries, ive been feeding it some Panasonic Digital Alkaline batteries, but It only lasts 10-20 minutes before it dies!

Im sitting here thinking "well, shoot, this cant be right"

Does it need a special type of battery? Please help, this is my first digital camera, so i dont know much about them.

Re: Digital Camera Help

Maybe you need these.

batteriespack.com

Comment

The answer is YES.
      Digital camers suck the shit out of regular batteries.
      Do yourelf a favour and get a set of (at least) 4 rechargables and you'll be all set. They last way longer than regular Alkaline AA's on one charge, and can be charged and charged and charged again.
      I use Energizer NiMH Rechargeables and they last days on a single charge.

Comment

Yeah, the NiMH batts last exponentially longer than alkalines in those cams.

Look for (at minimum) 2100 MaH (milliamp hour) or higher batts and a good charger.

Read this site for good info on batts and cameras.
        http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

Good Charger here, and read through the rest of the site for excellent battery info.
        http://www.thomas-distributing.com/maha-mh-c204f.htm

Comment

Digital cameras are picky when it comes to batteries. They really want the batteries to be fully charged or they wont work. A lot of the time you will find that after you are getting a dead or low battery light in a camera, you can pull the batteries out and use them in a cd player or something for quite a while longer.

Matt

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            The answer is YES.
            Digital camers suck the shit out of regular batteries.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, yes they do.

I just went to www.fujifilm.com and found the correct batteries. I should have just looked at the accessories, I was looking all around the site at the "FAQs" and "Digital Camera Help" pages.

So I got some NiMH's ordered and on the way and should be here sometime next week.

Thanks guys.

All my pictures have been crap so far because I have to hurry up and take the picture before the batteries die! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X