No announcement yet.

How have your musicial tastes changed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How have your musicial tastes changed??

[ QUOTE ]
    I wonder how many kids listening to Ashlee Simpson and Brittney Spears will be able to say the same thing two decades from now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the same number that are still listening to Martika, Tiffany & Debbie Gibson from 20 years ago. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I've always listened to rock/hard rock/metal.
      In the last several years though, I've started to appreciate the local "Adult Contemporary" radio station too.
      Guess I'm getting old...

Comment

IMO it's quite normal to get from softer music to harder music.
        My first metal cd was Seventh Son from Maiden.I bought this in 1989 (i was nine years old). Then with 10-11 Megadeth, Sepultura and Slayer and since i am 14 i listen to Death Metal. Now that's 10 years ago and i still listen mainly to Death Metal.

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          I wonder how many kids listening to Ashlee Simpson and Brittney Spears will be able to say the same thing two decades from now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the same number that are still listening to Martika, Tiffany & Debbie Gibson from 20 years ago. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of that lot, Debbie Gibson actually did have some talent; she played keyboards and wrote some of her own material. As for the rest... [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] I guess that's why years later, Debbie Gibson was still singing doing some acting while Tiffany was appearing in Playboy to pay the bills (not that I didn't buy the Tiffany issue anyway to satisfy my curiosity...).

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

First album I ever bought was Creedence Clearwater's "Cosmo's Factory". Next up was Alice Cooper's "Billion Dollar Babies", then Cheech & Chong's "Big Bambu", Then "KISS Alive", then Zeppelin's "Song Remains The Same" {movie first, then the album}, Aerosmith, Steve Miller, Sabbath, Kinks, J. Geils, Van Halen, Boston, Allman Brothers, SRV, STP, Gary Moore, Metallica, Gov't Mule, Velvet Revolver...

Comment

I liked my father's Doo Whop stuff. Sometimes I like to listen to late 60's/early 70's stuff by, Grass Roots(Sooner or Later), Hamiltom, Joe Frank and Reynolds(Don't Pull Your Love out on Me Baby), Foundations(Build Me Up Buttercup), Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods (Billy, Don't be a Hero), BJ Thomas (Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head), Looking Glass (Brandy), Vikki Lawrence (Nights The Lights Went Out In Georgia). Lots of cheesy songs here, but this was the time when I started noticing girls and it Was a good time. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I think everyone goes through this. Mine has broadned a lot over the years. I found out there is really is good music besides early Van Halen and ACDC [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X