"Web Wizards" Grasshoppah has questions to pose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Web Wizards" Grasshoppah has questions to pose

I want to put some zing (or mabe just some Java) into my website. Something other than just plain old HTML code. I've heard Pagemaker is the best... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I need some counseling here:

What to buy....
    Where to buy it cheap....

I want to end up with something similar to this:
    LGM Guitars
    Anyone..... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Re: \"Web Wizards\" Grasshoppah has questions to pose

You will need counseling if you go the Pagemaker way... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Get Dreamweaver or MX Studio, free 30 day, full function trial at www.macromedia.com if you want, you can try Flash to, it's very "Flashy" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Several around can help out, but you'll find the Macromedia stuff easier to deal with than Pagemaker, IMO.

Pat

Comment

Re: \"Web Wizards\" Grasshoppah has questions to pose

Cool....Thanks Pat [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Re: \"Web Wizards\" Grasshoppah has questions to pos

I assume you want to do something like the pull-down menus on the LGM guitars site. If that is all you want to do, you don't really need to buy anything. Just search google for "javascript pull down menus" and you will find a bunch of sites that teach you how to make your own menus.

google search

I leveraged some Javascript a few years ago to do pull-down menus for a website and it worked out well. If you wanted to have a simple animation like the changing guitars on the LGM front page, you only need a GIF animator program.

Let me know if you have any more questions. PM me or email mwax "at" yahoo.com

-Mike

Comment

Re: \"Web Wizards\" Grasshoppah has questions to pos

Hey Doug. Mike is right. You can just search google for what you are lookin for. There is a ton out there.

as far as the image changing goes, you can use javascript for that as well. Here's my under construction page.

my under construction page

I used javascript to rotate the images. It's not that tricky. It just takes a little time to play with it.

You can also send me a PM if you need any help.

Good luck!
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
          X