Question for any eBay pros in the crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for any eBay pros in the crowd

I don't sell there much so I'm not intimately familiar with the vagaries of their rules but I thought it was odd that they messaged me to tell me that:

[ QUOTE ]
    Your listing contains the following information:

PayPal payments must of the be non-credit card variety

We realize you may not be aware of this policy, but using such terms in this way is considered "Search Manipulation", which is not permitted by eBay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can one no longer note that one is unable to accept credit card payments or was this a goof on their part? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Question for any eBay pros in the crowd

mmmm confusing.
    I don't even know what to say on this.

Comment

They "messaged" you? Or emailed you?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

WHA???? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Hard to say or even understand without seeing the listing...

Pat

Comment

"payments must of the be"

This confuses me!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I buy and sell a lot on ebay but i must admit, i am a bit confused as well. Are they saying that you can't accept just non credit card payments? I.E. balance or bank account. That's how i took it.
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I'd email them for clarification. They are constantly sending update messages and I admit I don't read most of 'em. Since they own Paypal this may be a sneaky way of making sure you can't avoid Paypal fees anymore. They just raised all the Ebay fees so it stands to reason they'd jack up this revenue source too.

Their position is if you sell on Ebay and take Paypal, then you are a commercial user by definition and they will make you upgrade to that status. I'd confirm this with them though, or go to the Ebay forums and ask someone there if you don't want to directly ask Ebay.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

That's weird.

I know you can't require buyers to pay the PayPal fee. But I thought that 'commercial' accountholders were charged the fee regardless of the source of the funds. If they've changed their policy, I think that's BS. I accept credit card PayPal payments, but I do so knowing there is a risk of fraud involved. I don't think you should be forced to do that. eBay should be encouraging users, not placing more restrictions on them.

If eBay tries hard to enforce this, I can see a fair number of people start refusing to accept PP at all.

Comment

Working...
                  X