Anyone else here still love playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else here still love playing?

I know that we love to talk about all sorts of stuff on this board. I alost know that a lot of members spend more time on the board than on their guitars. We talk about collecting guitars, admiring guitars, fixing guitars, and I love all that stuff. I've pretty much made a career out of guitars at this point. My question is this, who still loves playing guitars more than anything else? When I am playing with my band and we're jamming a song I helped write, or I'm at home playin' away, there are times when I just feel like I'm on another level. I just go into a zone where it seems like anything is possible and I no longer have any wants or needs, I have just found total expression and inner peace right there on the fretboard. I don't care about anything else and I don't have a problem in the world. I usually get that feeling after having warmed up for quite awhile, and I usually only get it about twice a week(which is to say not everytime I practice), but it's the greatest I've ever felt. Maybe that or an LSD peak, but those days are behind me. Anyone else get that feeling?

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Yes, more than anything
    0%
    Yes, it's among my favorite things
    0%
    It's still pretty fun at times
    0%
    It's alright
    0%
    No, I don't like playing anymore
    0%

Re: Anyone else here still love playing?

When i'm on stage and my band are kicking arse and the crowd are beating the living crap out of each other, that is the ultimate experience for me. When i'm there every thing else doesn't matter and it feels that nothing can touch me.

I haven't gigged for a few months but i'm hoping that all starts up again really soon
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I voted: still pretty fun at times.

I am "guitared out" at the moment. Getting kind of bored with all of it. I guess, because my current band plays some stuff I really don't care for. I really only play in a band because the other guitar player is my best friend and he lives for playing in front of people. I get a bit of a charge out of it, but am less enthusiastic. If this band split tomorrow, I would not seek another band.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It's still pretty fun for me; though, I don't play as often as I should and seem to get bored with it at times. Some days I'll play for like 15 minutes, put it down and won't touch it for a couple days. Then I'll play for like an hour or so a few days in a row, put it down again for another day or so. Yesterday I was really inspired and played for a couple hours in Drop-D tuning and wrote a really cool song that reminded me of Lamb of God and old-school CFH Pantera. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I voted it's pretty fun still, I'm craving my drums again...
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Playing guitar is right up there with all the things I enjoy doing more than anything.
            I play just about everyday, and if I'm going out of town I always take my acoustic.
            Being without a guitar I would feel mute, even though I sing constantly. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

"We already have a vote for this poll from this IP address."

That's a load of crappola. Anyway, I voted "it's alright."
              "POOP"

Comment

I still LUV Playing, If I don't play for at least one hour everyday I get really cranky. I haven't gigged in years but I still get off to jamming with Cd's or with a couple of my buds
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

i seem to like playing stoned the most till i get the munches. pot does make me play more melodic and inspired

Comment

You know what, I was standing here stoned with my guitar in one hand and some tortilla chips in the other when I took a break from playing to check this thread...

Comment

As with many very enjoyable things.. it comes in "spurts".

Comment

Toejam couldn't have put it better...that's exactly how I feel. When I was in the last band it was starting to get boring...and when it was over I didn't really care...it wasn't that fun at the end. I really don't have much time for that anymore now, and if I did I probably wouldn't seek another band.
                        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                        RIP Dime

Comment

Yeah, the only time I was in a band was in '88 when I was 16, but it never really took off. I always just liked to play on and off mostly as a hobby. I'm thinking of actually getting some recording equipment soon to get a little more enjoyment out of it for myself, figure that'll keep me from being less bored. The occasional jam session at my cousin's house in the warmer weather is cool, too. I've also got a drum set in my basement, but I hardly play that any more either.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I still love playing, I just wish I had more time to do it.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I "still" love playing, though I started in June so I'm not exactly a veteran like many people here. I pretty much have to play for a couple of hours every day, even if I don't get to start until 2AM. I've had many nights where I pick up the guitar to play "for a few minutes" and end up playing until the sun comes up.

Comment

Working...
                              X