Some Kind Of Monster....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Kind Of Monster....?

Just saw it... Never seen so many people almost in tears... Mustaine looked like he was about to cry, Bob Rock poor mr I got nothing without Metallica I will go home and be sad... Strange man. Jason looked ready to cry also. The thereapist looked like hew as crying? A Therapist? WTF? All I cna say is 1 I didn't know Eric Avery was still alive.... 2 Rob Trujilo was hands down the best guy they auditioned.... Interesting to watch and I feel bad for them but that movie just reaffirmed how much they should no longer be making music...Poor Kirk too bad he doesn't have any balls to stand up to anyone arguing for solo's then Bob saying no "Well Bob you are right I guess" "If only Kirk had some balls"....sung like the tin man
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Some Kind Of Monster....?

Is it worth watching? I was thinking of picking it up.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Garbage....just pure fuckin' sellout garbage (IMO)
      Typical of Metallica as a way to continue selling out.

Comment

The directors of SKoM are the same people who made the documentary Paradise Lost for HBO. If you've seen that, you know they have a special talent for editing events to appear differently than they really went. From their comments in Guitar World, I initially agreed with them that Dave was entirely to blame for agreeing to appear the way he did. But as Dave himself clears up in this interview...

http://www.hardradio.com/shockwaves/mustaine1.php3

...he was asked to appear not only on his 40th birthday, but also two days after 9/11. Taken in that context his emotional state is much more understandable.
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

It is worth seeing. It might be tough for some of the die hards who don't there heros to change or show any kind of weakness. Well shot, some good music clips, the DVD has tons of extras. Worth the 15 bucks.
          www.kiddhavok.com
          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Yeah it is only 15 bones and it is alright for the $. It is not a Metallica jack off fest though it just shows how sad this band has become. Is it awesome? No but it is worth seeing if you are a fan or not. Just shows what happens to these old bands when ego's etc get too big. I still can't believe that Jason stuck it out that long...

Comment

I saw it and I'm an old fan. (Pre Bob) I don’t think it has anything to do with seeing them showing weakness. It about seeing a bunch of pretentious, self absorbed "Fame" has gone to my head and now I have to have a therapist tell me what I'm feeling because I'm so out of touch with reality.

I'm happy for James that he got his alcohol problem under wraps but, I know many good people who have problems that stem from real tragedy not...I don't know what to do now that I have so much money and fame I thing I will just waste it all by drinking gallons of vodka...To feel to much for his situation.

They should have gotten that chick to play bass…She was tight!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I bought and enjoyed it. It gave me a whole new appreciation for Kirk's BS tolerance and how he is, despite what I have always thought, the glue that holds the band together. Lars is everything you think he is...arrogant, obnoxious, narcissistic and a major PITA. He made out like a pr1ck on his art collection though - I respect his ability to make money.

Rob was without question the best bassist to audition for that job. The other guys all looked like hacks compared to him. Mustaine comes off pretty bad, but that is most likely due to the editing by the film makers.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

My favorite Lars comment was about them playing 10% above all the other bassists. They ust didn't know the songs Lars trust me you are that spectacular...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    They ust didn't know the songs Lars trust me you are that spectacular...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, all these guys are supposedly professionals who have played in big bands...I'm sure they learned the songs and practiced the hell out of them before they auditioned. If not, then they're not the brightest folk out there.
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yeah wellEric Avery couldn't even get back into Janes and Twiggy is terrible..

Did anyone watch the extended Lars/Dave interview... I saw the little man shed some tears.. Too bad Dave is so bitter.. really after seeing that I could see Jaymz and Dave doing something together at some point....

The most disappointing thing is that it is clear it is not Bob Rock's fault as many believe Lars just doesn't want to go back to doing what they do well and that is thrash. So now they are doing things that they just are not good at and it really sucks.

Comment

I just picked it up but it was $19.99..damn it I got ripped....where are they for $15?
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Best Buy... It is 19.99 but Best Buy gives you a $5 gift card with it

Comment

I got my copy on Tuesday when it came out, for $15, at my local Coconuts record store. Blockbuster wanted $21 for it! I still have this strange fascination with Metallica like I did in the early '80s when they came out. I don't care for them as much, but I dig a few of the songs on the new album even if they don't have solos like they should. I thought it was a very good movie, and I have a lot more respect for Kirk who is basically egoless and tries to keep the other guys in check. Jason thought the whole therapist thing was pretty fukkin lame and weak and he just couldn't comprehend that. I don't blame him leaving for one bit after the shit he went through for 15 years being the "new guy". I also thought the extended features on the bonus disc with Lars and Dave should have been in the movie. I thought it was really cool they also offered Rob a 1 million dollar cash advance for joining the band! I hope the next album with Rob will be better and get them on the right track again.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toe although I think the last disc had a few songs that coulda been tinred into something hard to say I like anything... that being said it was nice what they did for Rob maybe they learned a lesson with Jason... The next Disc will rock if Kirk and Rob write it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X