guitar fingerboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar fingerboards

Has anyone ever seen or heard of an electric guitar with a flat fingerboard like a classical?

Re: guitar fingerboards

Yes, It was some Aria Pro model, maple neck and fingerboard. It was the most uncomfortable neck EVER, it was just like playing with a log.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I'd swear some classicals almost seem like they're concave.
      Commercial electrics, made mass production wise.. sure seems like it is not a popular concept that would sell well. However, a custom one, yeah..no problem as long you have $$. IMO..best bet would be to have a bolt on neck made ..I'm sure Warmoth would do this NP as it would be easy to plane and leave a neck flat.

Comment

I've thought about that for years now - I mean, a Classical is smooth to play, mostly because of the strings, but also because of the fretboard.
        I have been seriously contemplating one from Warmoth with a flat fretboard (or at least an extremely large radius). Then again, your bridge has to be flat as well, or at least have minimal curve. A Floyd would work best (besides a V-trem) but you'd hafta have saddles that were all the same height.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a body from an old cheap strat copy that I'm thinking about getting a neck like that for. The saddles on the trem can be adjusted individually, so I can make them flat with no problem. The part that sucks is that it's an expensive little experiment.

Comment

Carvin's Holdsworth model has a 20" fingerboard radius. Pretty flat, but comfortable.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X