Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some suggestions for a guitar for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some suggestions for a guitar for me!

I have a b-day coming up in a few months. Say I'd like a guitar for my happy day - what should I ask for? Remember - I'm learning to play and am a little petite. And yes my wonderful fiance is welcome to make suggestions. Who know who I may ask for it!

Re: Need some suggestions for a guitar for me!

Wow. That's not like a hint or anything is it?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Occupy JCF

Comment

<font color="aqua">Todd has a pretty nice selection, why don't you try some of those and see what you like? Maybe he'll just give it to you, right Todd? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        <font color="aqua">Todd has a pretty nice selection, why don't you try some of those and see what you like? Maybe he'll just give it to you, right Todd? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

She literally wants one of her own. Since the $11,000 custom shop Fender is slightly out of our budget I guess I'll have to start her off right. (she crinkled her nose when I mentioned Daisy Rock as a joke)

<center></center>
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Fat chance of that - although he will let me play his! I need my own - of which I told him that he can set it up for me, bu t can only play it when I say so!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I need my own - of which I told him that he can set it up for me, bu t can only play it when I say so!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua"> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Good for you !! </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

You'd want a shorter scale guitar if you're petite. A Charvel or Jackson Fusion (there are several models under both names) has a 24.75" scale as opposed to the 25.5" that most J/Cs have. There's also the Charvel 750XL depending on how nice he wants to be, they're a bit more pricey than the Fusions but are extremely awesome and beautiful guitars.

Do you like the metal look or would you like something more traditional-looking? Much as we love the metal guitars here, we should think of what you actually want...
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

A true wife would only buy a guitar that her husband would also want to enjoy. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

You rock Shreddermon! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

I was going to try and find a coral Tele with a perloid pickguard, maple neck and a zebra super distortion in the bridge. I am unsure if it would have chrome or gold HW though. (For my kid [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
                    I don't know if that's too sissy a guitar for you though.

Charvel Fusion seems like a cool one to start with if you gonna keep it C/J.
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

WOW!!! Now there's someone who seems to be reading what I write!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

The Fusion is a great suggestion. A few other short-scale guitars that play very nicely: Gibson SGs, Kramer Nightswans, Peavey Vandenbergs. But if Tekky loves you he'll buy you this or maybe this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Those last two are probably both 25" scale but what's an extra half-inch? I mean just look at 'em! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          A true wife would only buy a guitar that her husband would also want to enjoy. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Ah, but a true husband would not want to force his choiceupon his wife, but let her pick her own guitar and enjoythat she was happy with that! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]And I mentioned a Fusion several posts back, TEKKY! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The Fusion is a great suggestion. A few other short-scale guitars that play very nicely: Gibson SGs, Kramer Nightswans, Peavey Vandenbergs. But if Tekky loves you he'll buy you this or maybe this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Those last two are probably both 25" scale but what's an extra half-inch? I mean just look at 'em! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the quilt on that, but I don't know if she's a PRS kinda gal...(hope not because things could definitely get 'spensive)
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

I know I'm going to get in some SERIOUS sh!t for this one, but.... BITE ME! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X