Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some suggestions for a guitar for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need some suggestions for a guitar for me!

I think you should get an SG. Lightweight, great tone, play nice, and they look cool - think about it - you could be Agnes Young. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

...Or go complete custom. I'm in the planning stages of a 24" scale guitar I'm building for my son. If you wanted to go a little cheaper than a complete custom, you could get a 24" scale neck from Warmoth (you'd be stuck with a strat head though) and get some fine guitar maker ( there're several on this board) to make whatever body/configuration you want. I mention the 24" because it's smaller, yet not so small to require different tuning. Besides that, anything smaller is always made for kids or 'beginners' and rarely has any quality.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I think you should get an SG. Lightweight, great tone, play nice, and they look cool - think about it - you could be Agnes Young. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

That's a nice looking guitar - but I don't know if I like that headstock.

Comment

Old NJ Series BC Rich Bich.

I had a few of these, and they have 24-3/4" scale, and a pretty narrow neck. A little tricky for people with thick fingers, but perfect for a girlie's hands. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Plus, they are decently made, and because of the shape, they NEVER fall over!!! That's a plus, because women are kinda clumsy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(DUCKS) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hey! I am not clumsy! I just don't know how I get those bruises.

And when it comes to the styles - I don't know that I'm allowed anything pointy. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Kramer Ferrington??
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Kramer Ferrington??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she knows that if I get my hands on one of those for a good price, it's mine...
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

I still stand by what I said about the scale length, I don't think it's that big of a deal, it's such a small difference, you won't notice it.

A lower end Jackson/Charvel, or Ibanez would be a great way to start out. If you're hell bent on the scale length, I think that Dean has that EVO and I'm PRETTY sure it's the lower scale length. Whoever suggested the EB guitars is actually on it there, I never thought about that, but most EB guitars I've played have been good, set up nice and easy to play.

The breaking the pinky part, I can totally relate. I've broken a few fingers, and even cut off my ring finger on my left hand when I was like 6 years old (okay not all the way off, into the bone, and it dangled there, and I asked my mom, "is this right?" then she hit me on the way to the hospital).

Schecter comes to mind for a nice guitar, for a nice price too.

Undoubtedly Tekky knows a good deal when he sees one, and if he's the one buying (dunno if he is or not) I'm sure he can find something nice, that you will like.

Comment

One of the original PRS Santana SE hardtails would be a great first guitar, imo. 25" scale w/ medium frets (which I think are better than jumbo for someone starting out), & a very comfortable medium C shape neck. I also think those Schecter stringthrus are mighty hard to beat for the price, like Deneb said. BTW, that thing is just plain disturbing, YAO! Shades of the mighty Wangcaster. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Let's pray that nobody digs up a pic of that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X