Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Familiar w/ Lotus Domino WebMail? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Familiar w/ Lotus Domino WebMail? Help!

[img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    I've been trying to help out my best friend. He owns several CiCi's Pizza restaurants and is having tons of trouble with the new web-based system that the corporate office has set up for franchisees. It uses Lotus Domino WebMail for email management. He's able to log in and navigate the CiCi's site, but when he tries to view his email, the page won't completely load. The portion of the page which should display his messages is blank, and the toolbar only has the "?" (help) icon. The help file gives step by step intructions for configuring things, but they require an "edit" or "view" tab that isn't showing up on the toolbar. The help file goes on to say that if these tabs don't appear, consult the sysadmin. The admin (he's in Atlanta) assures us that everything has been set up & it should be good to go. We then try logging in from his bookkeeper's home-office computer & sure enough, everything works fine. So we get the local subcontractor who works on the systems in the restaurants in the region to come over & check out my friend's system. He's unable to get it to work either & declares that the problem has to be that we're trying to run it on an older system (PIII 800mhz, 256M ram, Win 2000, broadband (cable) connection) since it works fine from the bookkeeper's new system. This doesn't make sense to me, since this is all browser-based stuff that my friend's system should be more than able to handle, nothing processor or memory-intensive involved. So I asked the guy if it could be something related to the firewall, popup-blocking software, or maybe java, javascript, or ActiveX settings in the browser, etc. He didn't want to hear it & just said we need a new computer. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I have a hard time buying that, so I figured I'd ask here if anyone is familiar with this stuff & could point us in the right direction as to at least what we should be asking the sysadmin tomorrow. Everything I'm finding online for Lotus Domino refers to server-side issues, so I'm stymied. Thanks for reading my novel!
Working...
X