My new parts-guitar project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new parts-guitar project!

ok guys, I'm thinking to realize a new guitar with the basswood body of an old Yamaha rgx241 I have and some new parts I'll buy.
    Actually I could use also the neck of the original guitar (maple/maple) but I think i'll look for a strat neck to replace it (Warmoth?).

I'll keep also the pickup that are now on the guitar, a Bill Lawrence XL500 and a Bill Lawrence single coil pup(don't remember the name).

I'm also trying to realize if the tremolo bridge can be swithced with an original floyd.

some screenshots from the guitar generator:

and this would be a following 'Wylde-stile' touch (find the beer caps will be a real pleasure... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]) :

opinions?

Re: My new parts-guitar project!

i'd leave the beercaps out but that's just what i think,
    it looks cool

Comment

What Tom said.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

looks very cool.

Although I'm not a big fan of the bottle cap idea.

Hey, I know! Why don't you attach them to the back of the guitar, so you can REALLY enjoy them? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Maybe if you mounted a bottle opener on it. Then you could offer to use it for opening beer bottles for the chicks!
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I am not really a fan of that particular flag and I would also leave the bottle caps off. Yea.. I know... the south will rise again.. well, we kicked their a$$'s the first time and we would do it again. All in fun of course.
            Hooooooooooooooooooooooooozzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Hey, I know! Why don't you attach them to the back of the guitar, so you can REALLY enjoy them? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

ok ok, the caps idea doesn't seem to be very popoular...

thanx for your opinions!

Comment

How about using the American flag instead of that one? You can leave the white stripes clear so the wood will still be seen and tone down the red and blue so it looks a bit transparent and aged.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

How about the Italian flag?? That'd be cool.
                  I think an aged look is a great idea too and I like to see natural grains on guitars, but that's just me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ixnay on the bottlecap idea, but the bottle opener idea is AWESOME!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  If you do that, put it somewhere where you won't confuse it for the jack input... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that'd be hilarious.

Goodluck with your project Sfregias! I can't help you with your bridge question... sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Have fun!
                  Em

Comment

i think it's a nice homage to dime, in a way.
                    go for it.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I like it. The bottle caps kinda detract from the flag and would be more appropriate with a beer bottle emblem.

Comment

Working...
                      X