• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doubled guitars

I always preferred playing in a two guitar band, because -
    A. You can do the Thin Lizzy harmony thing
    B. You can get him to play the tough solos
    C. He can hold down the rhythm while you throw shapes, and pose in front of the girlies
    D. If you screw up, you can shoot obvious accusatory glances at him! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

2 guitar players are cool, because you can play some badass harmonized shred solos ala Racer X (Paul and Bruce).

BTW. I'm going to the Thin Lizzy show at the end of the month, what could be more cooler than seeing John Sykes and Scott Gorham doing harmonized leads.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i'd say that in a two guitar band you have more possibilities, especially when it comes to harmonies, and your live sound will most likely be fuller and better (as long as the two guitars are in sync). however, playing in a one guitar band gives you much more freedom as you can change the rhythm, accents etc a bit without turning the band's sound to mud.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I want to be in a dirty club, forced to drink PBR, with some 38-year old in a cutoff Tesla Tank top rubbing up against me while some serious lines are doubled up on the stage.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Stop it, man. You're giving me a hard-on
          Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I always preferred playing in a two guitar band, because -
            A. You can do the Thin Lizzy harmony thing
            B. You can get him to play the tough solos
            C. He can hold down the rhythm while you throw shapes, and pose in front of the girlies
            D. If you screw up, you can shoot obvious accusatory glances at him! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Priceless!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              what could be more cooler than seeing John Sykes and Scott Gorham doing harmonized leads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing those two with Phil on bass out front
              Hail yesterday

Comment

deneb I'm sorry my lack of emoticons pissed you off. You could have just as easily been an investment banker or firefighter rather than a hot dog vendor. Aldo, did no one get my joke about being almost as good as the guy in Beat Happening? Maybe it would help if you heard a sample of his playing:

http://www.epitonic.com/artists/beathappening.html

Comment

I got it L...

No 2 guitars do sound better I always get someone in my bands who sneaks in though who is a second or third guitarist that just freaking ruins the sound... I prefer the nuances without question and I love two distinct rhythms but if there is slop it sucks... and sometimes the slop isn't because the guy is a bad player... I have a guy I tried to be in a band with and he is awesome but he just couldn't play with another guitar player...
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I have always been in two guitar bands, but now Iwent out on my own and love it. I would like to have alead singer that could play little guitar just to fill in on some of the songs.

Backing tracks don't have ego and don't turn up their amps in the middle of a set and blow the mix [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X