I'm now Bikeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm now Bikeless

Just sold my ZX6R for what I paid for it last year, put over 5K on it and made all my money back, can't beat that. Now it's on to the tuff task of deciding on a new bike....

Zx10R or ZX12R [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: I\'m now Bikeless

KX250? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes that to, Actually I'm gonna buy a truck and Dirtbike with the money from the bike and then Finance the New Street bike. Hopefully I find a nice 98-2000 KX250

Comment

After much studying of everything that's avaliable now, there's not a bad bike out there.
        Great time to be a buyer, huh?

Comment

Monday I went out ot the bike shop and Tested the 10 and the 12. The 10 would make the best Track Bike for a guy like me but it's not the Commuter I need, The 12 though is the best of Both worlds I think. They had a used blackbird there too that I liked.

Comment

first dickless now bikeless when will it stop [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Yep, if I was shopping for an open class race bike, it would be the ZX10R, no doubt about it. I don't think it would make that great of a streetbike, though. I'd rather have the 12 for a "real world" bike.
              That's something these magazines lose track of readily. They get these bikes together for a test, and give a little lip service to the street use, then it's off to the race track to obsess about lap times. I'm not about to spend 10 large on a bike based on which one cut the fastest lap time at Willow Springs!
              Besides, I've been on track with a couple of these "high profile" magazine testers, and when I can LAP them in an eight lap race, I don't think they are qualified to tell ME what is a good bike... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

My financing still hasn't been approved at Ducati, so I'm still looking, and recently I've been thinking about the Multistrada or the Monster S4R...something a little more "real world friendly"...maybe I'm getting old, eh?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                first dickless now bikeless when will it stop [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pussyless too [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Yep, if I was shopping for an open class race bike, it would be the ZX10R, no doubt about it. I don't think it would make that great of a streetbike, though. I'd rather have the 12 for a "real world" bike.
                  That's something these magazines lose track of readily. They get these bikes together for a test, and give a little lip service to the street use, then it's off to the race track to obsess about lap times. I'm not about to spend 10 large on a bike based on which one cut the fastest lap time at Willow Springs!
                  Besides, I've been on track with a couple of these "high profile" magazine testers, and when I can LAP them in an eight lap race, I don't think they are qualified to tell ME what is a good bike... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

My financing still hasn't been approved at Ducati, so I'm still looking, and recently I've been thinking about the Multistrada or the Monster S4R...something a little more "real world friendly"...maybe I'm getting old, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Test's are what had me set on the ZX10 but when I went and Tested it it felt like a Track bike and The 12 had the Best of both worlds to it. Actually I can get a 03 ZZR1200 which is the Sport touring bike with 5K on it for $7K but a Zx12R out the door is $10.9K, I'm gonna do some more shopping and see where it gets me but I'm in love with the 12

Comment

My best friend Roger Heemsbergen owns Arroyo Seca Raceway in New Mexico and is one of the best riders I've ever seen. He has ridden all four of the new 1000's and agrees with the ZX10 to race, but he likes the Honda 1000RR for the best street bike. As you know, what makes a great race bike does not mean it's a great bike to live with on a daily basis.

Personally, if I was in your shoes, a Kawasaki fan, I'd go for the 12. I checked one out last weekend and came away very impressed too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pussyless too [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am mone to talk if i wasn't married I would be too... wait I am married and I am [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

pick up a zx12r... because i say so

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          My best friend Roger Heemsbergen owns Arroyo Seca Raceway in New Mexico and is one of the best riders I've ever seen. He has ridden all four of the new 1000's and agrees with the ZX10 to race, but he likes the Honda 1000RR for the best street bike. As you know, what makes a great race bike does not mean it's a great bike to live with on a daily basis.

Personally, if I was in your shoes, a Kawasaki fan, I'd go for the 12. I checked one out last weekend and came away very impressed too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really liked the Blackbird too, that seemed like the most sensible bike, nice calm manners but is still the fastest basically, But that would throw my whole garage outa whack with all the Green that's in it. I haven't had a honda since like 92 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

2004 softtail [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn... I was just about to put a HD somethingoranother up in here... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X