Taste of 80's music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taste of 80\'s music

All of the stuff the rest of these guys mentioned is good too. Etaeniura, I was about 4 years old at the end of the 80s, but I guess I would've qualified for a straightedge kid back then eh! But seriously, I got into most of this stuff later on, and I'm glad that I did-most people knock the 80s and everything that went on, but there was some awesome music that came out in those days and too many people don't ever get to hear it.

Comment

too true. I think it was a great period for music - you just had to get off the charts to hear a lot of it. Although you don't hear new solos like Lukather's in "Hold The Line" on the radio these days. So even the charts had some cool stuff in there from time to time.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

There are some really good bands listed above.
        Often forgotten are
        Keel
        Helix
        Kix
        MSG McAuley Schenker Group
        Great White

Some a little cheesy but good
        Joan Jett
        Lita Ford
        Krokus
        Red Hot Chili Peppers
        Faith No More
        Primus
        Journey, Neil had some good songs hidden in the within the radio hits of 80 Journey.
        Bon Jovi
        Cinderella
        Giuffria
        Hurricane
        Billy Idol
        The Go Go's they were pretty cool in the early 80s
        Aldo Nova
        Autograph mostly for Steve Lynch
        XYZ
        White Lion
        Honeymoon Suite
        Andy Taylor of Duran Duran solo album had some decent guitar work on it.
        Pat Benatar

Comment

Woah, back up a couple here - did G say there was a live Living Colour album?? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

yea, Snoogs. If you've ever seen their Time Tunnel video, you would have seen a couple of songs performed at CBGB's after they got off The Stones' Steel Wheels tour (check for Scott Ian in the audience)

Well, after 16 years, Sony have finally decided to release that performance. It's a great show, sounds great, the guys are really on their game. They play a few songs from the yet-to-be-released (at the time) Time's Up album, so you can hear some of those songs still in the works. Only disappointment, they didn't include Desparate People. But at least I have that on Time Tunnel already.

BTW, the guys are currently working on a NEW live DVD. Release date yet to be announced. Looking forward to that!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Savatage (who I'm only just getting into - kicking myself for that)

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya VitaminG. I'm in the same boat.

Comment

Working...
              X