Question concerning International Buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question concerning International Buyers

I have someone from France wanting to buy my Kelly. I have never sold a guitar to anyone overseas. What do I need to look out for and be aware of when dealing with an international transaction? He is wanting to pay with paypal and has agreed on all the shipping, taxes, duties, customs, etc. Is this the way to go or do any of you with international sales experience have better ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Question concerning International Buyers

Sounds like the way to go to me. At least it sounds like pretty much the same stuff I've had to go through after buying stuff from the US. You can be sure that you get your money through Paypal, and most of the other stuff (customs, especially) will go to him anyway. Just make sure you package the guitar very nicely, the shipping dudes can be pretty rough to pretty much anything... when I got my Warrior, the hardshellcase was missing quite a chunk. Wouldn't want to know what would've happened if it hadn't been in it's case, or if it hit the ground even harder...

Comment

Thanks Bro.... Jeez... What do the Shipping Gorillas do with a boxed guitar case in order to take a chunk out?

Comment

Was on one of the corner of the case, about 1 inch wide and 3 inches tall, somewhat triangular in shape. I guess it fell down from somewhere... at least nothing happened to the guitar, you can fix a case with duct tape, a broken headstock though... I don't even want to imagine that mess.
        Either way, whenever I got stuff from the US, a few months later I received a letter with the exact amounts of customs fees I have to pay for it. Unless of course the buyer picks it up at the customs office, then he'll have to buy there. He has to have some kind of proof that he paid for the item as well, something that states the exact amount paid. At least over here it's like that.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Just a thought for you Brad, I personally would not except Paypal from an international user (except for some of Canada now) for this large of a transaction. You will not be covered under their protection policy so you're kind of hanging yourself out there a bit. I would use a western union wire service or he can get a Bank Check/Draft from his bank or possibly an international money order in US funds. Just some things to think about bro. </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

In Scotland, what happens is a parcel gets delivered and the parcel people pay the customs office, then YOU pay the parcel people.

My old parcel man kicked ass, he used to write off £90 fees and stuff

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              <font color="aqua">Just a thought for you Brad, I personally would not except Paypal from an international user (except for some of Canada now) for this large of a transaction. You will not be covered under their protection policy so you're kind of hanging yourself out there a bit. I would use a western union wire service or he can get a Bank Check/Draft from his bank or possibly an international money order in US funds. Just some things to think about bro. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the heads up, Dave. I am going to let my auction run its course before dealing with him.

Comment

Most important thing is you to get the shipping cost and present that to him before him accepting to pay the shipping cost of what he has on his mind now.
                Most of the time, shipping cost to overseas is much higher than people imagine.
                So I recommend you to get the shiping cost, then tell him this is what he has to pay.
                And if he agrees to pay, then it's your call.

Comment

Working...
                X