The Super Bowl commercial thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Super Bowl commercial thread

I like the one where the guy ends up holding the cat and knife at the end. I think it was a mortgage company commercial.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I like the one where the guy ends up holding the cat and knife at the end. I think it was a mortgage company commercial.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! I was freakin rollin man! The robbery one wasn't too bad, but the cat was the shiznit!!!

#1 for humor, for sure!

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        The one where the girl almost loses her top wasn't bad but i dont remember the name of the company.

[/ QUOTE ]

GoDaddy

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. Now my hosting rates will probably go up... [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
        sigpic

Comment

The one with Turd Ferguson was great, too.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Being in the ad business myself, I look forward to this every year. Almost as much as the game itself.

I gotta tell you, though, overall, they sucked this year.

I think all you guys already mentioned the highlights. AB had the best tearjerker for sure. And I laughed pretty hard at all the careerbuilder spots with the monkeys. The guy's deadpan reaction to everything they did was awesome. And I also liked the Fox announcer in the grocery store. And I thought the FedEx Kinko's with Burt Reynolds, the talking bear, the cute kid, and the groin kick was pretty hilarious.

Still, there was nothing like in years past...with big budgets, big ideas, and big laughs.

I think all advertisers were a little cautious this year, what with Janet's nipple and all last year.

Speaking of that, the best boobs commercial went to godaddy.com. I'm hoping crankdaddy.com will get some spillover traffic.

If not, I'm suin' em.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              OK, the commercial where the soldiers are walking thru an airport and people start clapping just made me tear up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked this one too. Being a military veteran, I couldn't help but notice that none of the soldiers in the commercial had rank or branch of service designations. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] At least I didn't notice any. I also liked the cat commercial where the boyfriend has the cat in one hand and a knife in the other. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I think all advertisers were a little cautious this year, what with Janet's nipple and all last year.

Speaking of that, the best boobs commercial went to godaddy.com. I'm hoping crankdaddy.com will get some spillover traffic.

If not, I'm suin' em.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that godaddy.com has another spot that was to air in during the 2 minute warning but the NFL told Fox not to air it, they did a simpsons promo in that spot.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

My favorites were:

The Batman Begins commercial because they finally showed what the movie version of the Scarecrow will look like.

The Bud Light commercials ruled.

The Commercial with the chick arguing in front of a judge about wanting to be in an ad.

The one with the cat, tomato sauce and guy with knife!
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Overall, they sucked pretty bad. I was very dissapointed in the commmercials. THe best ones were that mortgage company. the Cat one was good. I also liked the "sharon" one too.

So whats the deal? are they not allowed to run funny commercials anymore after the incident last year?
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Yeah - I forgot about the cat one - that was pretty good [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I imagine it will get the most heat gotta imagine pet freaks are complaining about that LMAO

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Mustang convertable was unique, not bad but worth a mention.

Pat

Comment

worst superbowl commercials of all time.
                          horrendous, except for the army walking through the airport was very cool.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Super Bowl commercials:

http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/

Comment

Working...
                            X