The Super Bowl XXXIX Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Super Bowl XXXIX Champions!

Never said is was a "global conspiracy", but to think there is no favoritism in sports is naive.

Just open your eyes and watch the games.

Comment

The Eagles had there chances to win that game bottom line...THEY WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH ..no conspiracy. The Pats had calls not go there way for years.But I never believed the other teams were being givin the calls.Anybody see the pick play Freddy mitchell threw in the middle of the field to free up Owens.....Bottom line the pats beat all the best teams to win this year Indy,Pitt,Phil...and two of those games ...were Butt whippens and to say otherwise after what?33 wins in 35 games and 3 Superbowls in 4 years ????Like em dont like em but to say they are not the best team ...sounds kinda silly.Anyhoooooooooooo I am just gonna sit here and enjoy.Just sad the season is over because this a horid time of year for sports fans.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Just sad the season is over because this a horid time of year for sports fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God NESN is playing the ALCS and Series again. That might help kill the time between footballs end and spring training.

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

One thing I'm also annoyed hearing is how the teams of today are nothing compared to some of the old school. That's a bunch of crap in my opinion. The Patriots D is right up there with the rest of the pasts top defenses. Sure Brady is no Joe Montana. But he never would claim he was. That entire offense makes points happen. Peyton Manning is supposedly high caliber and lumped in with past quarterback greats, yet he can't get the job done.

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

At any rate next year will be a whole different story. If Cowhare(probably spelled wrong) doesn't alienate Roethlisburger to much during the off season they stand to be the team to beat next year.
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Now's the time that Hockey's usually in full swing, but that's another story/thread all together. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The Eagles (McNabb) threw that game, it was so obvious it's pathetic, they covered tho. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] So I could give a rat's ass. I'm tired of seeing the Pat's in the Bowl tho.

As for favoritism, I agree whole heartedly on all counts, what a joke!!!

And Carl, to say the Eagles weren't good enough, is definitely not fair and basically insulting to all things Philly, I wanted them to win, or at least cover, but it's too suspicious the way that game was played, the Pat's looked like sh!t the entire first half and McNabb throws an interception in the red zone with nobody else aroun d, directly to a Pat's defender ( Bruskey, I belive it was, sp? ) and to do it again fgrom what, the 30? That game should have been over in the first half, Eagles should have led by 24, at least 17, there are about 10 things that lead me to belive it was fixed.

Enough for now... But the Pat's did not deserve that game, plain and simple.

Pat

Comment

There are questionable calls made in every sport it just didn't start with the Pats [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The Refs didn't hand them 3 Super Bowl titles. The Patriots are a great team; you don't win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years if you are not a good team. They are a team made up of good solid players who believe in the team concept (something TO needs to learn), not a bunch of super star individuals. Dynasty? I dunno, possibly. I do agree with the way free agency is now to accomplish the amount of success that Patriots have is no easy feat and agree with Aikman that they are better team that the Cowboys were in the 90's, its just a lot tougher to do in today’s game.

Tom Brady is a great quarterback, maybe not so much in skill but in intelligence and non tangible factors, he has heart, desire and knows lead and how to win. He will be up there with the great QB's in NFL history books and still has a lot of playing time left in his career.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Ok when we get to the grassy knoll stage I am out, I just think that is crazy. imo best team won period,good luck keeping a secret like the NFL fixes its games.And why are all the other Teams stepping aside for the Pats...Really tell me the truth are there people who believe that.And if so why the hell are they watching it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].I am happy the Pats won,some folks are not. Maybe it will be their teams turn next year(If the government sends the men in black to kidnap Tom Brady) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...Ok that was being a ballbuster. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

how can i possibly hate the patriots?
                easy, cuz i'm a fukkin' jet fan. i actually was rooting for the patriots cuz i am an afc fan.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Pat saying the Eagles were not as good as the Pats is not a slap to all things Philly...I have been a fan of the Flyers and Mike Schmidt since I was like 13 years old.It is an observation...The NFC is so weak this year that Truth be told the AFC Championship was more likely the Two best teams facing off....And the colts were probably better then Philly too.Honestly I am not out to knock the Eagles they made it much closer then I expected...But they had their shots and they did not take advantage of them.The best teams make you pay when you make a mistake...and the Eagles did not.

Comment

Tommy, we need pics bro... Get em up! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And Carl, why would others step aside? For the same thing the game is based around... *****

Anyway, I know, it's a pipedream to think the game(s) is rigged, but man... There's just far too many questionable calls, plays and other issues that make it hard to think otherwise. Deep down, I know it's not, but what about Area 51? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Fair enough Tommy There is alot of history there...Curtis freakin (*&amp(**^%&% Martin [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i'm workin' on the pics guys-lol
                        it is not a pipedream to think of the games being rigged.
                        i thought the eagles scored pretty easily to cover the spread on their last touchdown. i'm not saying this one was rigged, but there have been plenty that have been , and in every sport. and if you think there have been none, then you are absolutely nuts.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Lmao I know Pat,I am not a sox fan but living here and seeing the things I have seen ....I scratch my head from time to time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I actually thought the Eagles were going to pull the win off. Then in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter it seemed like Reid and McNabb forgot they were playing in the Super Bowl. Personally I also think the Patriots looked like they didn't know what was going on in much of the whole first half. It was a weird game. And what the hell was Brewski thinking? He totally drenched Bill's dad. The poor old dude probably has a freakin' pnuemonia by now. I love Brewski but that was a knucklehead move if ever I've seen one.
                            We must!
                            We must!
                            We must increase the bust!
                            The bigger the better!
                            The tighter the sweater!
                            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

The Eagles last score did not surprise me at all after Wilson got hurt they were down to a hot dog vender playing safety. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I wish the game went down like the bears/patriots bowl.Don't get me wrong the Pats finally became a good team,But I still hate Em'
                                www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Working...
                                X