Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zakk Wylde / Dimebagg Darrel Recordings??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakk Wylde / Dimebagg Darrel Recordings??

<font color="yellow">Within the last year or so, there was a interview/lesson spread in one of the guitar magazines spotlighting Zakk and Dime. They had a great relationship/friendship and dug each others work.

What I thought was interesting, is that while they both have different backgrounds as far as influences, and played different music in their respective bands, they both had similar technique.

I can't remember exactly how it was brought up or worded, but both these guys can play very fast and precisely. They both out of practice naturally adopted the "classical" arched finger technique to play fast picked passages.

Is there any recordings of these 2 guys out there that you know of?

I think that would have been cool if they would have collaborated on a song or cover or something to that effect.

If there is something available, post it so we can check it out [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Re: Zakk Wylde / Dimebagg Darrel Recordings??

If it's the same interview, they said they wanted to do a record with Eddie Van Halen. I don't think it happened though. That was a great issue-they had a cool lesson with Zakk and Dime with photos, the Used was in there, and there was a GREAT article on Orange County hardcore and metalcore bands before they got big.

Comment

<font color="yellow">It's strange. When he was alive, I knew about Pantera and Damage Plan, seen the videos and read the articles. I never bought any of their CD's though and I really don't know why [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I just got the Greatest Hits CD/DVD combo and realize why he got and continues to get so much acclaim.

He was a great player with a lot of depth.

I have really dug Cemetary Gates and Cowboys from Hell. </font>

Comment

I've also though how cool it would have been if Zakk an Dime did something together. their writing styles would go great together.

How cool would it be if Zakk got togther with Vinnie? I'm not sure how Vinnie feels about playing since he only played with Dime. Poor dude. I think it would be an awesome tribute to Dime.
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

That would be Guitar World march 2003.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            How cool would it be if Zakk got togther with Vinnie?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would f$#ckin kick ass!! I've always been a fan of Vinnie.

Comment

Zakk did play a guest solo on Damageplan's album didn't he? I know Jerry was on one song too.

Comment

Working...
              X