Photography question - please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography question - please help.

Okay, so I bought a new digital camera. It's a Toshiba 3.2mp with 3X optical zoom. It's an amazing camera. The quality of the pictures is really awesome. That's part of the problem.

I decided it's time to get some good pictures of my guitars, so last night I started with my Aria Pro II because it was close at hand. I took it almost entirely apart, and cleaned and polished everything. It is spotless, and looks gorgeous. So I get out the camera, and take a bunch of pics. The pictures came out great, except now all I can see, all over the guitar, is tiny pieces of lint and crap. You can't see them with the naked eye, but the camera pics them up like you wouldn't believe.

I'm stumped now. I don't have a clue what to do. The guitar is so clean you could eat off it, but these microscopic flecks show up.

Help!!!
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Photography question - please help.

The deal is, you're probably looking at the picture at full resolution on your monitor. Realistically for ebay or for posting, you're going to size the picture down considerably and those small imperfections will just go away. Your toshiba software should allow you to resize it for the appropriate audience.

If you do intend to display your pictures at full resolution, then your Toshiba should have come with some basic photo editing software....like the stuff that takes red eye out. In these photo editing software, there is a "blend" feature that allows you to make an area blend with its surroundings.

If you don't have photo editing software, here are some decent ones:

iPhoto for Mac
    Microsoft Digital Image Suite
    Adobe PhotoShop Elements
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Are you using your flash?

Comment

what Madness said, are you using the flash? avoiding seeing those little bits of dust, etc is all about the right lighting. I generally find the best results to be from plenty of natural light (ie daylight, can't really do it at night) and no flash.

Comment

Just have your wife dust.
          "POOP"

Comment

yes, I was using flash. Maybe that's the problem. I'll try again on the weekend with natural lighting, ans see how that goes.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Stupid dust. I cleaned my Shannon before its major photosession, and look!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No flash there either. Just a closeup photo with my tripod to steady the shot.

Comment

how much did the Toshiba cost sounds alot

Comment

You need an AIR-Blaster/Duster.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Just have your wife dust.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X