• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Mick

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...eut/index.html
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Re: Poor Mick

Damnit he promised me he'd give me half of his property too!

Comment

14 years, she'll probably get a big chunk of change for being around that long. his could be one reason he's dragging himself out of the sickbed to tour. He knows she'll get a big chunk of his net worth.

It's funny how they always claim they had to give up their careers though, to be wth the guy. Seems if she was really that devoted to her career, or doing so well at it, she would have kept doing it despite living with Mick.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It's Cali, so she'll get something. But not $10M.
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Tell her, she got to live with a rockstar for 14 years, and not get murdered.

Comment

"Palimony," what a joke. Whoever came up with that term should be shot. What's the definition of Commonlaw Marriage in California? I know in Georgia it's *ONE NIGHT* together! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

The greatest thing about the "protection of marriage" amendments states are coming up with to keep the gays from getting free health insurance, is that they're probably also going to effectively kill commonlaw relationships. Louisiana's does, anyway.

Also, there's no listing for "Robbie Mantooth" on IMDB, so she must not have been much of a filmmaker. Hell, just being in a relationship with Mick Mars should've given her enough source material to build an entire filmography.
            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

considering the health problems Mick is enduring now this is sad ..
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                considering the health problems Mick is enduring now this is sad ..

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt when it rains it pours and it is so sad that when he is sick so many seem to be using him...
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

She should get paid for living with such an ugly person.
                  God he is ugly, Mick would give the Freddy a run for its money.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

What does Mick's appearance have to do with anything??? Who gives a fukk what he looks like...the fact is he's been going through some extremely rough times with his health and this just adds so much more to his problems...I'm sure his medical bills are fairly substantial!

- Joel
                    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                    RIP Dime

Comment

Damn, From all I hear about the guy, Mick doesn't deserve this.

Comment

That poor bastid can't catch a break!!!

Comment

I know the "law" in Wacky California doesn't really exist, or is flaky at best, but...

Even there I think she'd better have a little more proof than simply her testimony that he made an oral agreement to support her. Since they weren't married, whatever arrangement they had would be probably governed by contract law, and contracts that aren't in writing are severely limited--in terms of maximum dollar amount, proof required to enforcement them, and even what you can contract for. For example, an oral contract for real estate is unenforceable in most states.

However, "palimony" is one of those things ridiculous modern legalisms that allow judges to do whatever the hell they want. Most states do not recognize palimony at all. As someone else indicated here, most states would recognize Mick and his "filmmaker" as having a common-law marriage, since they lived together that long--and then she would most likely get a pretty big chunk of Mick's property.

That's why, as a rich rock star, you don't actually *marry* the bimbos, ferchrissakes!! Or let them live with you in California, apparently. Isn't that the whole point of becoming a rock star--so you can get the milk without having to buy the cow??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            "Palimony," what a joke. Whoever came up with that term should be shot. What's the definition of Commonlaw Marriage in California? I know in Georgia it's *ONE NIGHT* together!

[/ QUOTE ]
                            I have a hard time beleiving that one night together constitutes "Common Law Marriage" in any state. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Most states have done away with it all together. There's only 13 left that recognize "trditional" common law marriage from what I can tell, and California is not one of them. I do wish Mick the best though.

Common law marriage link

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              She should get paid for living with such an ugly person.
                              God he is ugly, Mick would give the Freddy a run for its money.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Aren't you the same guy who complained about people on the board making fun of EVH and his drinking problem?? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X