My Aunt had a Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Aunt had a Stroke

I can't believe it. I woke up with the news that she had a really bad stroke around 6:00 A.M. She had just visited the day before and was her typical happy self. I was raised by my grandparents, and there is only 12 years difference in our age, so she is more like a big sister instead of an aunt. She is one of the nicest and most caring people to ever walk this earth. There is nothing that she wouldn't do to help someone. This is really devastating and I'm having a hard time coping with this. I am hoping and praying that she makes a full recovery. I ask that you all please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks and God bless You,
    Chris
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Re: My Aunt had a Stroke

Chris, I am sorry to hear this and hope she recovers fast!

Comment

Sorry to hear this; I had a stroke in October 2003 but it was relatively mild. I do have some left-side paralysis and numbness which persists though.

There are some great treatments for stroke if you have insurance and can get physical therapy (I couldn't). Your aunt may make a full recovery, but will need to adhere to some diet and lifestyle changes, especially if she smokes she needs to quit and have a smoke-free environment. This is not to restart the smoking debate, but secondhand smoke is definitely DEADLY to stroke victims. It will
      increase the chance of a second stroke tenfold, and don't let your smoking relatives tell you different. She'll probably go on PLavix and Lipitor as well, to prevent blood clots and lower cholesterol respectively.

You have my prayers for your aunt's quick recovery.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Aunt. I hope she gets better real soon.
        www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Sorry to hear. Hope all goes well in her recovery.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Take care, bro. She'll be in my prayers tonight.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Chris - God Bless you guys.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I feel for you

I am dealing with the same thing right now. My grandfather had a stroke before Christmas from his heart meds. He has made an amazing recovery.But, not quite the same as before.

Then my grandmother had some type of food or something that stuck in her stomach and caused internal bleeding. The had to open her up and she barely made it through the operation. SO within a months time both of my grandparents ended up in the same ICU room. Now they are are both in the same home-her in rehab and him in the old folks home.

The screwed part is 2 months ago they were both at home happy and now we are moving them into assisted living. Both of their kids have passed away so it is me and my cousin(mostly him)dealing with it. He lives 12 hours away from them and I live 4. Stressful.

Anyway I know how you feel and these things take time. With rehab and time its amazing how well the body repairs itself. After the immediate danger it just takes rehab and family support. Just try and be positive to her and remind her the harder she tries with rehab the sooner she can have a normal life.

Comment

Sorry to hear this man, I really hope she recovers well and fast. Hang in there, I'm prayin' for her..

Comment

Sorry to hear Chris. I hope she makes a full recovery. My husband had a stroke 6 years ago, it's rough. You both are in my thoughts.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I am encouraged that she is doing much better today. She has been talking quite a bit and able to move most of her body, but is having trouble with her right arm and leg. All of the bloodwork and tests have turned out to be ok, and her cholesterol and blood pressure is normal, so it's confusing as to what caused here to have such a bad stroke. The doctors are puzzled as to what caused this to happen. It's going to be a long road with alot of therapy, but I have faith that she will make a full recovery.

lerxstcat,LRGman, and guitarsjb, I hope that everything goes well for you all and your loved ones.

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers, it is really appreciated.

Chris
                      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your aunt.Hope she has a speedy recovery.......................
                        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Good to hear she's doing a little better. Hope the rest of the recovery goes as well.

- Irfaan -

Comment

Working...
                          X